- 1 Things that you Should Keep in Mind While Purchasing a Longboard:
- 2 Types of Longboards
- 3 Longboard Shapes
- 4 Top 10 Longboard for Girls available in the market
- 4.1 1. VOLADOR Longboard.
- 4.2 2. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard.
- 4.3 3. Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard skateboard Cruiser
- 4.4 4. Atom Drop – Deck Longboard (41- Inch)
- 4.5 5. Quest Skateboards Best Bamboo Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard
- 4.6 6. Quest Sector 9 Meridian Complete Longboard
- 4.7 7. Loaded Boards Dervish Sama Flex 3.
- 4.8 8. Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium.
- 4.9 9. Sector 9 Nicaragua Complete Skateboard Longboard
- 4.10 10. Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete
- 5 Rating Table of 8 Best Longboard for Girls
Longboarding is the modern version of skateboarding and has been gaining a lot of popularity from a past few years. It is just the act of riding a board. These environmentally safe boards are inexpensive and a lot of fun for the rider.
Longboards may seem alike skateboards, but when it comes to the functionality and method of driving, they are a lot different. This diverse equipment has more definite advantages over skateboarding and surfing.
In case you’re a beginner who is just starting out to find the best longboards for beginners, you might be wondering the best longboard in the market. There are many great options to choose from and each board has its own unique charms.
Usually, when you search longboards for girls, all you look out for is the safety and stability of the longboard. Take a look at
Things that you Should Keep in Mind While Purchasing a Longboard:
- Deck length– The longboard deck is responsible for the overall performance of the longboard. As far as deck length is concerned, you can buy longer, shorter, or mid-sized longboard. A beginner should never go for a shorter board. A stiff longer board provides for better learning as they can carve better even in higher speeds, making it easier for the beginners.
Now, you can choose between a stiff and a flexible deck. If you aim for stability, you should go for a stiff deck. The flex decks are a bit lower to the ground, thus they are easier to maneuver on the rougher terrains.
- Deck Flex- The deck is basically how much a board bends under your weight when you stand on it. The board has three types of flex; longitudinal flex, lateral flex, and torsional flex. Always prefer a board with a flex. A board with a flex absorbs shock and cruises well on the rough and bumpy terrains.
- Deck Material– This varies from longboard to longboard.Maple hardwood is usually the most common type deck material used on the boards. Apart from this bamboo, fiberglass and carbon fiber are also used in the construction of a longboard deck.
- Kicktail– A beginner should opt for a longboard with no kick tails as it offers more stability. However, a board with a kicktail offers you the actual fun of riding a longboard as it allows you to make quick turns comfortably. This decision is totally a personal preference.
- Wheels– The diameter(size) and the durometer (hardness) are the two main aspects of longboard wheels. The longer decks work better with larger wheels and shorter boards work better with smaller wheels. The vice-versa can cause wheel bite. Smaller longboards need small wheels for an effective control. Though larger wheels tend to accelerate slower but have higher top speeds. So if you are looking for speed, then opt for the larger wheels.Larger wheels also roll over the bumps or the terrains in the road better than smaller wheels.
For a smoother ride, prefer large and soft wheels.
- Trucks– Trucks are a T-shaped piece of metal that connects the deck of the longboard to the wheels.The width of your longboard deck should correspond to the track width.There are two widths to choose from:150 mm and 180 mm. While choosing just match your trucks with your deck shape. Avoid riding in wet conditions as it increases the chances of forming rust on the trucks.
Choosing a right longboard depends on whether you are the one who prefers downhill racing or is interested in freestyle riding or free rides longboard racing. Before moving on to the best longboard for girls, let’s understand the types of longboards in detail:
Types of Longboards
- Downhill Longboards– These longboards are made from the best quality materials and are perfect for riding down the hills. These boards are built technically; they have longer and lower deck for added stability and offer a lot of speed to the rider. Thus, it is always advised to wear a speed suit and helmet while riding this longboard. If you are looking out for speed, then blindly go for the downhill longboards.
- Drop-through longboards– A drop-through style lowers your center of gravity and reduces lean to give you improved stability and excellent carving that makes it easier to push on longer distances.
- Cruiser Longboards– Now this is a perfect longboard for any rider. They are fun to ride and are ideal for crowded places. Usually, they feature very smooth big wheels and decks that offers stability while riding this longboard. Mini-cruisers are also available. They are smaller in size and can be easily carried along wherever you want to go.
- Carving Longboards– The technique of carving can only be acquired via regular practice. These boards are more concave in shape as compared to the cruiser longboards. Concave helps to keep your feet firm on the board when you lean while riding the longboard.
- Bamboo Longboards– These flexible longboards are very lightweight and can be easily carried anywhere you want to. These highly affordable longboards allow you to perform multiple tricks and the best part is that they are completely organic. These boards are getting very popular amongst the youth.
- Double Drop Longboards– These boards have both a drop down and drop through a platform that provides more stability, as it brings the rider closer to the ground.
Apart from the types, longboards come in different shapes too. Some of the common longboard shapes include pintail, fishtail, blunt, twin, and cut out. Take a look:
- Pintail Longboards– These boards have a sharp nose and tail; thus it becomes easier to make a sharp turn with these types of longboards.
- Fishtail Longboards– It has a fish like the tail on the back and has a steeper concave than the kicktail. This type of longboards offers more control to the rider.
- Blunt Longboards– These types of boards have a wider and round nose and tail and offer more stability; thus a perfect pick for the beginners.
- Twin longboard– These were the boards used earlier for multi-directional skating. These boards are the perfect option for freestyle riding.
- Cut out Longboards– These bi-directional boards offers the maximum wheel clearance amongst all the longboards available. It allows the rider to switch without any difficulty.
The longboarders have no technical brakes; all they can do is use their feet and hands to stop the board, or they can simply slide the board perpendicular to the road to stop it. Let’s take a look :
Top 10 Longboard for Girls available in the market
- As an artisan work from our engineering team, the 42inch drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
When the manufacturers made the VOLADOR Longboard, they made sure it was jampacked with features and if people looked at it, their first thought would be ‘extreme maneuvers’.
The 42-inch-long board is built to be durable, with 8-ply maple wood, while providing plenty of room to wiggle around. When it comes to materials, it is clearly shown that the manufacturers spared no expenses: aluminum alloy trucks, carbon steel bolts, chrome steel bearings and high rebound 70mm PU wheels. When you jump on this board, you can assume one of the safest travel equipment and not some flimsy piece of wood. The VOLADOR also has 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks that are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree.
As for the look, the VOLADOR Longboard can be customizable with various graphics and designs from different cultures. Furthermore, unlike most board, the bottom graphics is durable and will not fade away.
|– Perfect choice for heavy skaters thanks to its strong deck, top-notch wheels, excellent bearings and firm grip tape||– You should adjust the wheels quite a bit.|
|– Able to bear harsh abusing with negligible wears|
|– Beautiful and vibrant graphics|
|– Broad deck to mount motor and electronics|
|– Excellent grip|
|– Symmetrical design|
|– Good price|
|– Carve easily|
|– Enables users to make sharp turns|
|– Offers smooth ride on varied terrains|
|– Perfect for commuting, cruising and carving.|
- The 40-Inch longboard is constructed with the classic downhill drop model. It's low gravity construction is ideal for any speed ride.
As the name implies, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard is made with the sole purpose of going downhills. The board has a unique design cue where the board is pointier. This structure helps you accelerate faster.
As for the board material, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard is made to stand the test of time (and weight) thanks to the 8 plies of maple wood. To add more to the durability, the board comes with a set of ABEC 7-speed bearings on top of the 7-inch aluminum drop-through truck. All of these are held together on a 10-by-40-inch deck, which offers good weight distribution and stability for generous movement. The board is also grip-taped which provides better grip for your feet during those highspeed maneuvers.
The MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard is designed so that you can traverse rough and uneven surfaces without sacrificing comfort and speed. In addition, the board is highly customizable with different sizes and graphics to give you a more personalized look.
Finally, to emphasize on the safety of the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard, the board only reaches you after various thorough performance tests to ensure a high standard of quality.
|– Equipped with durable and strong deck||– The trucks can be noisy at times|
|– Perfect for a downhill longboard with the great combination of speed and stability||– Slight wheel bite|
|– Strong maneuverability and good balance|
|– Allows users to make small turning radius|
|– Reasonably priced|
- Come with Multi-function Skate Tool and Attractive Sticker
Another good option for heavy beginner skaters. Coming with 8-ply hardwood maple that allows objects as heavy as 250 lbs, the product is thought to be heavy. However, it is only 8 lbs, quite lightweight for adult and little users.
The maple deck is very strong, durable and hard to bear bumps and carves with negligible wears. In addition, the wheels of the product are SHR 78A Polyurethane with the size of 70mm which is ideal for beginners.
Generally, the longboard is a typical product for riding for fun, which means you can carve, curve, cruise, freeride and slide easily. Nevertheless, if you are over 250 lbs, you should look for bigger boards for better stability.
|– Bears heavy weight up to 250 lbs||– The board cannot do tricks|
|– Famous for versatility, strength but sufficient lightness for both kids and adults|
|– Comes with high-quality deck that is very durable and strong to bear a huge load|
|– Symmetrical design|
|– High-quality wheels|
- Ultra-low-riding longboard ensures maximum stability, making it ideal for downhill carving
Having a unique design, the Atom Drop-Deck Longboard does not give you optimal stability but is also produced for many purposes, especially the downhill movements. The product comes with a special maple deck which is fully laminated while its reverse kingpin longboard trucks are 245-millimeter axles.
The board is perfect for low riding and provides the highest level of stability, hence downhill carving. In addition, the longboard comes with a one-year warranty by the manufacturer thanks to its superb quality.
When it comes to downhill movements, the product provides skaters with top-notch speed and stability. Plus, its wheels have 70×51 wide-lip, making the riders feel very comfortable. Therefore, you can skate in any rough place ranging from streets to campus ground without feeling worried. Finally the longboard comes in many designs with many attractive colors, so there are many options for you to choose.
|– Extremely stable and comfortable||– The squeaking sound when the board is turned|
|– Ideal for neighborhood cruising||– The wheels may be soft|
|– Comes with ABEC 9 bearings for a pleasant ride||– Comes with sufficient grip tape|
|– Eliminates wheel bites thanks to its special design||– If you slide the board too much, there will be spots on the wheels|
|– Especially perfect for downhill and cruising|
|– Maneuver and control at ease|
|– Comes with the standard top mount trucks that allow curving faster|
- SIZE MATTERS our 44" Longboard is the perfect size constructed in a Multi-ply Hardwood Maple and beautiful artisan bamboo deck shaped to perform and the extra detail rarely found at this price.
The next product in the list is Quest Bamboo Skateboard. When it comes to the outer performance of the product, it looks far more attractive than the product shown on the screen. What is also worth noticing is that the longboard comes at a very reasonable price despite its superb appearance – only $80.
The deck of Quest Longboard is completely handmade, making it more appealing than other competitors. Made of bamboo, a well-known material for lightness and softness, the product promises to provide users with the top-notch flexibility and durability that can handle heavy objects.
Finally, in terms of the lifespan, Quest Longboard is famous for its durable quality, meaning that you can use it for a very long time.
|– Durable, broad and solid deck||– The product may be bulky and heavy to girls and children|
|– Able to handle objects up to 250 lbs|
|– Comes with wheels that can absorb shock well|
|– Excellent bearings|
|– Top-notch, lightweight trucks|
|– Reasonable price|
|– Ideal for cruising|
- Assembled with: 10.0" Gullwing charger trucks, 70mm 78A center set TS wheels, ABEC 5 grease ball bearings, 1.125" flush mount steel bolts, erg grip tape
The Meridian Complete Longboard from Sector 9 is said to be the best board out there for cruising downhill. This is all thanks to its special design where the pointy deck is concaved and curvy. The form factor makes cruising downhill a pleasant experience.
With the 8-ply maple wood deck, the Meridian Complete Longboard can handle up to 274 pounds of weight, which is one of the highest weight limits that a longboard can accommodate. The board will surely withstand the test of time.
As for the dimension, the board is 40-by-10-inch, which leaves plenty of space for leg room. Additionally, the trucks on the board are the Paris V2 180mm, which give better control and weight distribution. The Meridian Complete Longboard takes advantage of a 50° RKP base plate and Bones Mini Logo Bearings. With this configuration, the turns and carving will be smoother.
Last but not least, the board also includes the grip tape on top of the deck for better feet grip.
The Meridian Complete Longboard only comes in 1 size and color, but the board does get the job done.
|– The product comes with a compact design and attractive graphics.||– The sidewinder trucks have a double-edged sword, which is risky in case of bombing|
|– Comes with a flat aerodynamic structure which is excellent for smooth carving at high speed||– In case of sufficient pressure, larger wheels are required|
|– Provides you with extreme pace, an ideal choice for professional riders|
|– Can be used for long rides with pumping|
|– Its sidewinder trucks enable you to turn fast compared to other trucks|
- DROP-THROUGH CARVING MACHINE – The Loaded Dervish Sama is a performance longboard created for carving, pumping, freestyle, freeride, and urban commuting / alternative transportation.
The Dervish Sama Flex 3 comes in a form factor of 42.8-by-9 inch that provides plenty of room for movement and enjoyable cruising. And to ensure you feel safe and secured during those trips, the board has a high-quality Black ML Grip tape on top on it.
Unlike most maple wood longboards, the Dervish Sama Flex 3 is made from a flex, bamboo composite. While the board can only handle up to 150 pounds, it is still perfect for juniors and teens who are looking for some beginner longboards. That being said, the board does offer 2 different flex sizes, 1 and 2, where the latter provides a higher weight limit.
The Dervish Sama Flex 3 uses the SL bearings, which are housed on a Paris 180mm Black Longboard Truck. The board also comes with a set of Orangatang Durian Purple 75mm 83a Longboard Wheels. The combination maintains an even weight distribution and better control whilst providing a less tacky experience, which is ideal for rough streets.
|– Good stability and balance||– Low weight limit|
|– Slight flex|
- ALL-AROUND SHREDDER – The Loaded Tesseract is a versatile, high-performance longboard created for freeride, freestyle, downhill, and dancing.
The Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium houses a wide and slight concave deck, which makes it the perfect board for cruising on the streets. The deck is 36-by-9.5-inch, which provides much needed leg space when cruising. In order to maintain a comfortable and safer experience, the board also comes with the Loaded Custom Grip Tape. Both the dimension of the board and the material of the grip tape make the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium excellent for stability and control. In addition, the board has a unique design where there is a 50-degree base, making it a bit more flexible. This, in turn, helps you be more confident when carving or turning.
As for the design components, the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium makes use of a high-quality set of SL ABEC 7 Bearings on a caliber White 180mm truck. It also uses a set of 70mm wide Orangatang Stimulus Freeride Yellow Longboard Wheels. With such a configuration, the board can reach a much higher speed even on rough surfaces.
One downside of the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium is that the board is only offered in 1 size and color, but for the sturdiness and competence, the board is still quite a steal.
|– Good stability and balance||– None|
|– Slight flex|
- Rides on 10" Gullwing Chargers with 74mm 78A Sector 9 top shelf wheels with PDP Abec 5 bearings
The Nicaragua Complete Skateboard Longboard Cruiser from Sector 9 is one of the higher end of the longboard spectrum. The board is made from some of the most premium materials for high-speed and extreme cruising.
The deck consists of 5 layers of high-quality and vertically laminated bamboo. The material itself is strong and durable, not to mention environmentally friendly as well. The board is 40-by-8-inch for comfortable leg room.
The Nicaragua Longboard Cruiser’s trucks use the 9’’ GULLWING chargers which provide incredible weight distribution and stability. To further help with the board control and agility, the board also makes use of the ABEC 7 Bearings and the 65mm 9-ball wheels.
One of the things that makes the Nicaragua Longboard Cruiser stand out from the rest in the longboard family is that it uses a clear grip tape. This, in turn, shows off the natural beauty of the bamboo deck.
The Nicaragua Longboard Cruiser only comes in 1 size and graphic but it does offer 2 customizable wheel colors.
|– Good stability and balance||– None|
|– Slight flex|
|– High weight limit|
- VERSATILE CARVING MACHINE – The Loaded Icarus is a performance longboard created for snowboard-style carving, pumping, freeride, freestyle, and urban commuting / alternative transportation.
For beginners, the Loaded Longboard can be quite expensive, yet its quality is undoubtedly superb. Every part of the product is believed to be made carefully so that it can give you a top-notch riding experience.
When it comes to the advantages of the product, it is well-known for its time-saving feature. Once you open the box, you can use the board immediately without adjusting anything ranging from stock wheels, bearings or trucks. It is fast and also very economical.
In addition, the Loaded Longboard is reputed for being extremely versatile. Coming with a special construction, the product can be used for many purposes including freeride, freestyle, snowboard-style carving and urban commuting. Moreover, its features are sufficient for users from all levels. Whether you just start the sport or you are a professional, this product has all the things you ask for.
|– Famous for its versatility, which means it can server for many riding purposes||– Not real conts|
|– Easy pushing and stable|
|– Comes with variable edge concave and Cambered profile for the better riding experience|
|– Tail kicks and nose|
|– Provides users with the ability to make tight turns and deep carves|
|– Flared wheels together with cutouts for the maximal clearance|
|– Excellent for vibration damping|
|– Made of fiberglass and vertically laminated bamboo|
|– Has lightness and durability with a lively ride|
|– Comes with durable, high-quality Paris trucks|
|– Special wheels, hence ultimate smoothness, speed and grip|
|– Maintain good balance|
|– Good bearings|
Rating Table of 8 Best Longboard for Girls
8 Best Longboard for Girls - recommended by experts
1. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard.
2. SCSK8 Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard.
3. Sector 9 Meridian Complete Longboard.
4. Loaded Boards Dervish Sama Flex 3.
5. Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium.
6. Sector 9 Nicaragua Complete Skateboard Longboard
7. Quest super cruiser artisan Bamboo.
8. VOLADOR Longboard.
Be specific with the budget you want to spend on buying a longboard. Do not compromise on the quality and performance, just for a few more bucks. Always go for good longboard brands and make your decision on how well the board fits with the style of riding you want to do.
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API