- 1 Things that you Should Keep in Mind While Purchasing a Longboard:
- 2 Types of Longboards
- 3 Longboard Shapes
- 4 Top 5 Longboard for Girls available in the market
- 5 Closing Thoughts
Longboarding is the modern version of skateboarding and has been gaining a lot of popularity from a past few years. It is just the act of riding a board. These environmentally safe boards are inexpensive and a lot of fun for the rider.
Longboards may seem alike skateboards, but when it comes to the functionality and method of driving, they are a lot different. This diverse equipment has more definite advantages over skateboarding and surfing.
In case you’re a beginner who is just starting out to find the best longboards for beginners, you might be wondering the best longboard in the market. There are many great options to choose from and each board has its own unique charms.
Usually, when you search longboards for girls, all you look out for is the safety and stability of the longboard. Take a look at
Things that you Should Keep in Mind While Purchasing a Longboard:
- Deck length– The longboard deck is responsible for the overall performance of the longboard. As far as deck length is concerned, you can buy longer, shorter, or mid-sized long board. A beginner should never go for a shorter board. A stiff longer board provides for better learning as they can carve better even in higher speeds, making it easier for the beginners.
Now, you can choose between a stiff and a flexible deck. If you aim for stability, you should go for a stiff deck. The flex decks are a bit lower to the ground, thus they are easier to maneuver on the rougher terrains.
- Deck Flex- The deck is basically how much a board bends under your weight when you stand on it. The board has three types of flex; longitudinal flex, lateral flex and torsional flex. Always prefer a board with a flex. A board with a flex absorbs shock and cruises well on the rough and bumpy terrains.
- Deck Material– This varies from longboard to longboard.Maple hardwood is usually the most common type deck material used on the boards. Apart from this bamboo, fiberglass and carbon fiber are also used in the construction of a longboard deck.
- Kick tail– A beginner should opt for a longboard with no kick tails as it offers more stability. However, a board with a kick tail offers you the actual fun of riding a longboard as it allows you to make quick turns comfortably. This decision is totally a personal preference.
- Wheels– The diameter(size) and the durometer (hardness) are the two main aspects of longboard wheels. The longer decks work better with larger wheels and shorter boards work better with smaller wheels. The vice-versa can cause wheel bite. Smaller longboards need small wheels for an effective control. Though larger wheels tend to accelerate slower but have higher top speeds. So if you are looking for speed, then opt for the larger wheels.Larger wheels also roll over the bumps or the terrains in the road better than smaller wheels.
For a smoother ride, prefer large and soft wheels.
- Trucks– Trucks are a T-shaped piece of metal that connects the deck of the longboard to the wheels.The width of your longboard deck should correspond to the truck width.There are two widths to choose from:150 mm and 180 mm. While choosing just match your trucks with your deck shape. Avoid riding in wet conditions as it increases the chances of forming rust on the trucks.
Choosing a right longboard depends on whether you are the one who prefers downhill racing or is interested in freestyle riding or free rides longboard racing. Before moving on to the best longboard for girls, let’s understand the types of longboards in detail:
Types of Longboards
- Downhill Longboards– These longboards are made from the best quality materials and are perfect for riding down the hills. These boards are built technically; they have longer and lower deck for added stability and offer a lot of speed to the rider. Thus, it is always advised to wear a speed suit and helmet while riding this longboard. If you are looking out for speed, then blindly go for the downhill longboards.
- Drop-through longboards– A drop-through style lowers your center of gravity and reduces lean to give you improved stability and excellent carving that makes it easier to push on longer distances.
- Cruiser Longboards– Now this is a perfect longboard for any rider. They are fun to ride and are ideal for crowded places. Usually, they feature very smooth big wheels and decks that offers stability while riding this longboard. Mini-cruisers are also available. They are smaller in size and can be easily carried along wherever you want to go.
- Carving Longboards– The technique of carving can only be acquired via regular practice. These boards are more concave in shape as compared to the cruiser longboards. Concave helps to keep your feet firm on the board when you lean while riding the longboard.
- Bamboo Longboards– These flexible longboards are very lightweight and can be easily carried anywhere you want to. These highly affordable longboards allow you to perform multiple tricks and the best part is that they are completely organic. These boards are getting very popular amongst the youth.
- Double Drop Longboards– These boards have both a drop down and drop through a platform that provides more stability, as it brings the rider closer to the ground.
Apart from the types, longboards come in different shapes too. Some of the common longboard shapes include pintail, fishtail, blunt, twin, and cut out. Take a look:
- Pintail Longboards– These boards have a sharp nose and tail; thus it becomes easier to make a sharp turn with these types of longboards.
- Fishtail Longboards– It has a fish like the tail on the back and has a steeper concave than the kicktail. This type of longboards offers more control to the rider.
- Blunt Longboards– These types of boards have a wider and round nose and tail and offer more stability; thus a perfect pick for the beginners.
- Twin longboard– These were the boards used earlier for multi-directional skating. These boards are the perfect option for freestyle riding.
- Cut out Longboards– These bi-directional boards offers the maximum wheel clearance amongst all the longboards available. It allows the rider to switch without any difficulty.
The longboarders have no technical brakes; all they can do is use their feet and hands to stop the board, or they can simply slide the board perpendicular to the road to stop it. Let’s take a look :
Top 5 Longboard for Girls available in the market
Playshion, a Chinese company is popular for producing freestyle boards. Apart from boards, they categorize in scooters and accessories.
Playshion Freeride Freestyle Drop Through Longboard Skateboard Complete is perfect in making longboard for girls. You will find this board of great use if you freestyle or freeride.
This freestyle board is loaded with some super-amazing features. Take a look at them:
- Shape– Coming in at39″ long and 9.3″ wide, this board is in a drop through shape constructed by a strong vertically laminated 8 plies maple, which exceeds to a concave-shaped deck. This bike is a combination of flexibility and stability, something that is rare to find. It looks super-cool and is fun to ride.
- Wheel– The 70 mm wheels that are 50 mm wide equipped with high-quality bearings ensures speed and guarantees a smooth and stable ride. The wheel-set up is truly amazing and undoubtedly, is one of the most exciting features of this longboard.
- Truck– The 7 inch (180 mm) trucks are made of aluminium with powder-coated finish and offer more stability while riding this longboard.
|The concave shape makes it comfortable to commute on long distances while keeping you intact on the longboard.||Does not work well on tricky obstacles, thus not suitable for pro riders who are particular with the specifications.|
|70x50mm wheels ensure a smoother ride.||The space to keep your feet is bit small; making it uncomfortable for some of the riders.|
|It comes fully assembled; just take it out of the box and you are good to go.|
|The bearings are of high quality that enables a fast spin, which allows for greater stability at high speeds.|
|May seem a bit pricey; due to high quality of materials being used, but it is completely worth it.|
One of the best Longboard Brands Krown as also one of the leading manufacturers of the longboards. Their longboards usually feature the maple construction, thus are known for their strength and durability.
The main highlighting part about their longboards is that they are made with renewable resources. It is a brand that is known for their super-efficient boards and outstanding consumer service.
Krown Sunset City Surf Longboard Skateboard is only meant for cruising.and carving around the city. Though not the best, It is a great board for the beginners. Let’s take a look at its features:
- Shape– This 46-inch pintail shaped longboard has a Canadian maple deck construction. Canadian maple provides durability to the board. As this is longer in shape, it provides more stability. Longer board means that you don’t have to push much.
- Design– Its bright colors and the cool the sunset graphic design of this longboard are captivating. Also, the board has a little flex to it which is an added bonus for some of the riders.
- Trucks– It is equipped with 6-inch aluminium alloy trucks that has a small turning radius that makes it easy to maneuver through tight spaces. It also features abec 7 bearings which are known for their quality and results in a smoother ride.
- Wheels– This board is equipped with the 71mm diameter wheels. The wheels have a durometer rating of 78 A, which lends softness to the wheel so that the user enjoys a smooth ride on uneven surfaces.
- Tape– The board comes with black grip tape for the top of the board. The tape also helps to in proper positioning of the rider’s feet.
Compiling it up, take a look at its pros and cons:
|The aesthetic look and unique design of this board is truly captivating.||The stock bearings are not upto the quality; thus delivers a below average performance.|
|Due to its amazing length, it picks up a great amount of speed in a short time.||Trucks are tight often and have to be loosened initially.|
|Due to its large wheels and pintail shaped deck, itcarve hills very well.|
|This board is super-affordable. Thus, a complete value for money.|
|The construction and quality materials used on this longboard are of outstanding quality.|
Ten Toes Boards Emporium Zed Bamboo is the skateboard that is known for its strength. This Bamboo and Maple hybrid board with bamboo deck and kick tail is every beginner’s favorite. Take a look at the features of this girl longboard by one of the very good longboard brands in the market:
- Design– This 44-Inch artisan longboard has a sleek design and is eye-catching. It is made from beautiful bamboo and features a vintage California look that is strikingly pleasing to the eyes.
- Shape– Usually the skateboards are flat in shape, which makes it difficult for the beginners to comfortably ride them. But, this one is different. As it is not flat in shape, it ensures a smoother ride even on long pavements. It weighs only 8 pounds, making it easier to hold even when you are not riding.
- Technology– Now, wheelbase is a major problem in any discipline of skateboarding or longboarding. As soon as the wheels come in contact with the bottom of the deck, a longboarder experienced wheel bite. This can cause some major injuries.This longboard is designed and manufactured based on the anti-bite technology. The milled wheel reduces the effect of wheel biting.
- Trucks– The rugged and lightweight 7-inch aluminium trucks gives the durability to this bike. These have riser pads that reduce the vibrations to provide a smoother ride. It comes with the reverse Kingpin trucks installed with precision ABEC-7 Bearings making it easier for the beginners to ride this skateboard. In fact, the wheels of this longboard are pretty big (70x51mm PU) making it a smooth riding board.
- Assemble– It comes fully assembled; all you have to do is just open the package and you’re good to go.
- Tape– It has an 80AB Grip Tape that provides optimum control over stones, debris, and cracks, making it easier for everyone to use.
To ride this skateboard you do not have to be an expert, it is a perfect fit for the beginners.
|A perfect board for the beginners with excellent turning radius.||It won’t likely do much for experienced skaters.|
|Lightweight with a very classic design.||Rock-hard wheels may pose problem to a few riders.|
|Affordable; gives perfect value for money.|
|The big wheels (70x51mm PU) combined with the ABEC-7 bearings deliver a smoother ride.|
|The milled wheel reduces the effect of wheel biting; making it safe for the beginners.|
DB Longboards is a longboard company that resides in the great Pacific Northwest. They are known to make the most innovative boards and longboards are built to last! Their longboards are unique; thus the company has an edge over other players in the industry.
DB Urban Native Longboard is one of the safest longboards for girls; as it is not capable of high speeds. This light weight cruiser longboard is one of the top-selling longboards; one of the reasons being its flexibility. Take a look at the features of this girl longboard:
- Design– It has a unique eye-catching design with a DB sea-foam and red tribal print logo graphic. A very versatile piece; with which you can practice any style. A die-cut graphic grip tape applied to the top.
- Shape– DB Longboards Urban Native Longboard measures 40″ long and 9″ wide.Its symmetrical shape has wheel cutouts that minimise the chance of wheel bite.The drop through cambered platform has a radial concave, and a great flex that provides the push comfort to the rider.
- Price- It is quite pricey, but it is worth every extra penny spent. The high-quality trademark parts used in this longboard makes it worth the buy.
- Trucks– The Atlas ultralight 180mm trucks offers durability to this longboard.
- Assemble– It comes fully assembled with the DB 40″ Urban Native Longboard Deck, Atlas 180mm 48 Degree Matte Black Trucks, Cloud Ride 69mm 78a Wheels, Cloud Ride ABEC 7 Bearings, Cloud Ride Spacers, and Hardware. It can also be customised according to the needs of the rider.
From beginner to intermediate, this board has features to fit every skill level. Compiling it up, take a look at the pros and cons of this longboard by one of the best Longboard Brands :
|Versatile; you can practice any style without any risk of injury.||A bit pricey.|
|Ideal for both beginners and experienced riders.||As compared to other longboards, it has less overall space.|
|High-quality trademark parts are used in this longboard.|
|It is one of the safest longboards for girls as it is not capable of high speeds.|
|The chamber platform with a concave design gives a springy feel with improved turning.|
This longboard has a foot platform that sits lower than the trucks. Its design provides the rider with a lower center of gravity. This girl longboard is one of the best options for the girls available in the market, but it is only ideal for slow rides that make the ride quite reliable.
Let’s take a look at the features of this beautiful pink color drop down girl longboard:
- Color– The most eye-catching feature is its pink design and the drop down a deck. The entire longboard is in pink color; thus this longboard appeals to the girl segment. Though the top of the deck is covered with the black grip tape, still pink color manages to shine out. The cool color of the wheels goes well with the board.
- Bearings– It is equipped with ABEC-7 bearings that ensure stability and quality. The wheels are also wide measuring 76mm. The wheels and bearings both are equally strong. The wheels do not wobble even on the roughest of the terrains.
- Truck– The trucks have a radius of 180mm that keeps the wheels of this longboard firm. The best part is that these trucks do not bend even on the rough terrains.
- Assembly– Drop Down Complete Longboard comes fully assembled from the factory. Thus, there is no hassle of assembling this longboard.
- Tape– The board has strong black grip tape that doesn’t let the rider fall while riding this longboard; in short it makes this longboard safer to ride.
This girl longboard is set suited for cruising and commuting and offers the complete value for money. Below compiled are its pros and cons:
|It doesn’t offer much speed; thus offers stability and a safe ride.||You can only use this longboard for cruising and commuting. Thus, it lacks versatility.|
|The board is of high quality and the material is strong. This is a longboard that is known for its quality.||A few people have faced difficulty with the steering of this longboard.|
It is equipped with ABEC-7 bearings that are known for their strength.
|The board has strong black grip tape that offers a stable ride.|
|This longboard makes pushing easier in long distance.|
The selection of longboards is huge but keep all the above-listed factors in mind and make a wise decision.Go ahead, choose the right longboard for you and enjoy this adventurous sport to the fullest.
Best Longboard for Girls - recommended by experts
Be specific with the budget you want to spend on buying a longboard. Do not compromise on the quality and performance, just for a few more bucks. Always go for good longboard brands and make your decision on how well the board fits with the style of riding you want to do.