Pressure Washers to Buy for High Pressure Cleaning
Pressure washers are one of those power tools that are invaluable to have around the home for domestic use, and in industrial settings. They can be used for numerous situations, such as cleaning cars, garden furniture, brickwork, fences, and driveway cleaning and can save both time and energy from manual cleaning. Furthermore, they are very common in construction, agriculture, farm equipment, and automotive industries.
You may have already realized the wide variety of brands and models of pressure washers and accessories available on the market. This of course is good in terms of choice, but can be overwhelming when not knowing which to buy.
Power Washers – How to Choose One
Pressure Washers are usually categorized as either electrical, hydraulic, diesel or gas powered. With an electric power washer you can presume that they aren’t as portable as the gas models, although they are usually much quieter in operation. In addition, gasoline washers may maintain a higher pressure when in use. This being said, electric washers can still be very useful for those that require home power washers that are more powerful than the average garden hose.
Cold Water vs. Hot Water Power Washers
Pressure washers are capable of exerting a spray that is powerful enough to break down grime and stubborn stains, especially in hard to reach places. In fact some jet pressure washers are so powerful near the nozzle that they can take skin from the body, so should be used with caution. You can buy pressure washers in either cold water or hot water models. The hot water types are generally more expensive to purchase, but do a better job of removing dirt and power cleaning.
Cold water pressure washers are easy to use as no water needs to be heated by the equipment, and as a result are cheaper to run. Although for a more thorough clean you might want to invest in heated power washers.
When searching for these types of power tools many people tend to buy cheap power washers. Although this might save you money upfront, you should certainly make sure you are buying a quality product that is going to be more than adequate for the jobs you have in mind for it. There are plenty of affordable power washers, and no better place to find them than online. Websites selling hundreds of models are available in there plenty, so take the time to check out several to find the best deal. Doing so can often result in finding discounted power washers
It doesn’t matter if you are only cleaning your sidewalk, hard to reach areas, or your patio. A pressure washer is just what you need to get your property squeaky clean. You will be able to clean all the places you have never been able to reach and just using pressurized water. No harsh chemicals are needed, and you will even learn just how easy it is to really clean your property without having a lot of hassles. You can use gas, electric or even battery powered pressure washers to get everything clean that you have been wanting to do for years.
You can check out the best electric pressure washer here.
Top 5 best electric pressure washer
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
AR Blue Clean AR383 Pressure Washer an electric pressure washer benefit your life? Your initial response may be that you have no need for an electric pressure washer. However, if you look outside of your home and pay close attention to the exterior, you may notice that your home could use a deep cleaning that could be too time consuming for you to do it and too expensive to hire someone to do it. Consider this—the value of your home can be drastically decreased if the exterior is unclean and unattractive. If you need to give the outside of your home a good cleaning, consider purchasing an electric pressure washer. Specifically, consider the AR Blue Clean AR383.
The AR Blue Clean AR383
It’s an electric pressure washer that is equipped with similar components that a vacuum cleaner typically has. It comes complete with a lance, jet nozzle, hose, and a foam dispenser system. Other components of the item include a foamer and a soap bottle that can be taken off and reattached. Even better is that the object is easy to move around and is equipped with a reel that makes it easier to wrap up the hose when the object is not in use. In the name of safety, the AR Blue Clean AR383 has an auto shut-off valve that comes into play when there is a safety issue with the item or when the item is on but in idle mode for a certain period of time.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is very easy to use. The machine is not too powerful for you to be able to control and it can be easily moved around. Assembling the machine is quite easy as well. For individuals unable to put the machine together just by eyeing it, the packaging is equipped with specific instructions not only on how to put the pieces together, but also how to safely use the item to prevent injury. Putting away the machine is easy as well. The object is equipped with wheels to place it in its storage spot, and if the hose reel is too difficult for you to rewrap the hose, you can easily detach it and wrap it manually.
Although the AR Blue Clean AR383 has a motor with 11 amp power delivery, it is as quite as a mouse even with the spray mode set on high pressure. Using it does not require a warning to your neighbors or to any sleeping individuals in the home. The fact that the machine is powered by electricity instead of gas, it increases the powerful ability to clean houses leaving no stubborn spots and stains on the exterior of your home.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 makes cleaning the outside of your home easier and more efficiently. Not only does it clean the exterior of the home, but it can also pressure wash sidewalks, patios, fences, gutters, and any hard-to-clean area on the outside of your home. Allow the AR Blue Clean AR383 to make your house sparkle.
- POWERFUL: 14. 5-Amp/1800-watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1. 76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and water inlet temperature (max) is 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Fresh and innovative, the Snow Joe + Sun Joe company came on the scene in 2004 with just one tool, the Snow Joe electric snow shovel. They have expanded very fast on the promise of inexpensive, high quality home and garden power tools, and today offer dozens of products. The Sun Joe SPX3000 is a mid-range electric pressure washer that features a very high pressure motor and a number of other innovations.
Pressure washers are a wonderful, convenient tool for any home owner to keep their deck, car, boat, RV, or other large possessions clean of dirt and grime. A high-pressure spray down is perfect for blasting away the muck that builds up on anything over time, and is much better for getting into those nooks and crannies than a rag or brush.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 claims to put out up to 2030 psi of water pressure, which is nearly unheard of in electric pressure washers. It offers dual onboard detergent tanks to easily switch between two different soaps, and a very long 34-inch extension wand to extend the spray to a second story house.
Sun Joe SPX3000 Features
- Very powerful for an electric pressure washer, offering up to 2030 psi of pressure
- Dual detergent tanks and onboard selection dial to easily switch between soaps
- Total Stop System automatically turns off pump when water is not spraying, to extend pump life
- Integrated hose organizer
- Includes five spray nozzles
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is very highly regarded by most owners. Extensive testing reveals that the claim of 2030 psi is a bit of advertising hyperbole, attainable only under very specific conditions. However, the typical use case still yields about 1300 psi, which is more than sufficient for occasional home cleaning. This pressure is right in line with other electric washers.
The nozzles and tips included with the SPX3000 are ideal for a wide variety of pressure washing needs. Swapping tips is very easy, and the connectors and socket are well-made.
The dual detergent tanks are very handy for spraying down different materials, such as the side of the house and the wooden deck below. Swapping between the two soaps with a dial is much quicker and easier than physically changing out the detergent tank, and saves a great deal of time. The selection dial also allows adjustment of how much detergent is mixed into the water stream, which helps to conserve pricey soap.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 does have some flaws. Initial assembly is a little more confusing than it should be, and the instructions could be clearer. In particular, threading the hose onto the nozzle is tricky, and leaks are common the first few tries.
The low price point also comes with a less-than-perfect build quality. Moving the unit during a day’s use needs to be done with extreme care. The hose, once attached, comes loose easily, and leaks may develop.
Pros: Great buy; solid design, easy to use; performs as advertised; cleans concrete pad, outdoor furniture, wooden deck, and everything else in a breeze; excellent customer service (they will replace a damaged product within its warranty)
Cons: The garden hose connection to the washer is difficult, although not impossible, to tighten
Overall: Overall, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is a good choice as a home pressure washer, with some caveats. The owner should carefully study the instruction manual before use, to ensure that they correctly assemble and maintain the unit. The SPX3000 includes some great innovations and timesavers, which with careful use will outweigh the problems. You won’t go wrong with this purchase. Highly recommended!
- Cleaner. Quicker.
Unlike their cheaper units the Karcher K 5 Electric Pressure Washer With 25-Foot Hose & Hose Reel seems to get much better reviews from customers who have purchased it. It has a very powerful induction motor which according to the company will last up to 3 times longer than a conventional motor and the aluminum pump is very heavy duty. It also features an on board detergent tank which is great when washing vehicles or siding and a fully adjustable spray wand for different surfaces/applications.
Karcher K 5.85 M Plus Electric Pressure Washer Features
- Powerful Induction Motor
- Adjustable Spray Nozzle
- Onboard Detergent Tank
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
Karcher K 5 Electric Pressure Washer Reviews
While many reviewers are quick to point out that this isn’t the cheapest unit going, you do get quite a bit of extras in the features department for your money. The unit is generally well reviewed however there are some problems that seemed to be quite common among consumers. As with all Karcher pressure washers the connection for the garden hose is cheap. We were hoping that it would be different on a model in this price range but many reviewers have mentioned that it is a cheap fitting and a few people have even had it break off. Karcher should really do something about this as it is one of the most common things that consumers complain about. Not only is the connection cheap but it is of a German standard so you`ll probably need to buy a new fitting in order to attach this to your regular garden hose.
One thing we feel we should mention as well: One reviewer said that this unit comes with a GFI built into the cord. This means that if you`re plugging the unit into an outdoor outlet that already has a GFI they may cancel each other out and you won’t be able to get any power. Again this is a German standard and it’s too bad that it can cause such issues here in North America. The other common complaint with all Karcher products is there customer service (or lack thereof). Of the 20 or so reviews we read on this product, anyone who had any contact with customer service had terrible things to say. You should also be careful when buying online as Karcher doesn’t warranty any products sold by a third party.
Karcher K 5 Pressure Washer Review Summary
Aside from these issues however, almost everyone was very happy with the operation of this particular model. It has great power and many people said it was perfect for cleaning walk ways, siding, cars etc…
We would recommend you do your research thoroughly before buying this unit. While it may be a good fit for some people, you may be better off looking into another model that is manufactured to North American standards and received better reviews overall!
- HONDA GX200 engine w/ Oil Alert provides powerful clean for years (includes 3-year engine warranty)
When you have large cleaning projects to do around the home you need a reliable pressure washer to help you with these jobs. The Simpson PS3228-S PowerShot is a gas operated pressure washer that can assist you with all your major cleaning tasks such as driveway cleaning or washing your deck. This pressure washer is a high output unit so it gets the job done right the first time. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of this pressure unit.
Advantages of the Simpson PS3228-S PowerShot
- High output unit with an oil alert. It starts easy and is smooth running
- Features a high pressure nozzle for superior cleaning performance than regular pressure cleaning pumps
- Hose won’t kink on you or mar surfaces you want to clean
- Very durable machine with a solid steel axle, welded steel frame, and steel engine plate for long lasting cleaning power
- Has several quick connect nozzle tips and a soap applicator too
- Great 196cc, 4-stroke, overhead valve design engine
- Meets emission standards like EPA and CARB
- Ceramic pistons for a long life
- Pump won’t overheat thanks to the thermal relief system
- Easy to move with 10 inch tires
- Good for commercial cleaning
The Simpson PS3228-S PowerShot provides you with plenty of pressure washing power and it has a solid engine. This unit features a nozzle that come with several attachments so you will find one for whatever tasks you need to do and it also has a soap applicator. This unit is built well so it will last you a long time and it also meets emission standards so it’s good for the environment. Users found this pressure washer easy to stand and powerful enough to clean whatever they threw at the unit. This pressure washer is also easy in fuel so you’ll save money.
Disadvantages of the Simpson PS3228-S PowerShot
This unit also has some disadvantages that you need to be aware of before you buy.
- Like all pressure washers, parts can fail which require replacement
- It may not do all the jobs that you want to do
- Some people had a loss of pressure when using this system
- Pump can have problems on some units
- Not a pressure washer for beginners
- Some people reported having starting problems
The Simpson PS3228-S PowerShot in general performs well, but it can have problems with pressure as well as issues with the pump. This is usually just a bad unit which can be replaced. Some people may find this washer doesn’t do all the tasks that they want to do or find it confusing to use since its gas operated.
The Simpson PS3228-S PowerShot is a gas powered pressure washer designed for your toughest cleaning tasks. It has a lot of power and will get the job done. Then unit is built well and has plenty of different nozzle tips for various jobs you need to get done. The washer is environmentally friendly and meets emission standards. Some people may have problems with the pump, maintaining pressure, or have issues with stating the unit. The unit may not be able to do all the jobs you wish to do, especially delicate ones as the unit is too powerful for light washing tasks. Since its gas operated, parts can fail which require replacement.
- Universal 120V Universal Engine
The PowerPlay PJR2000 electric pressure washer is a powerful washer, works really well, and comes with many unique features – roll up electric cord and wheels, 4 nozzle attachments, TSS (total stop system), storage for the hose, gun, nozzle, and the power cord, etc. Easy to assemble and operate, it takes only few seconds for the pressure to build and clean. It cleans everything in its way – driveway, stone patios, and pathways – at ease. Few minor issues such as stiff hose, lack of storage for the four nozzle attachments, handle slipping off is not worth mentioning as is a high quality machine that is worth every penny it will cost and very reliable, making it one of the best pressure washers.
Powerplay PJR2000 Electric Pressure Washer’s Features & Specs
- Universal 120 Electric Motor and Annovi-Reverberi high-pressure axial pump delivers at the flow rate of 1.4 GPM
- The TSS (Total Stop System) and the wide track wheels makes it highly maneuverable and reliable machine
- Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer can handle any cleaning job you throw at its way – from siding and windows to power washing vehicles
- Unlike many models that lack the storage for the hose and the cord, forcing you to wrap around the handles, the Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer has storage for the hose, gun, nozzles, AND the power cord.
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars (30 customer reviews)
Powerplay PJR2000 Electric Pressure Washer’s Description
Powerplay PressureJet 2000 electric pressure washer is built with one of the best components that can endure rugged use from any tough dirty cleaning job you need done. The universal 120 Electric Motor and Annovi-Reverberi high-pressure axial pump of the Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer blasts the water at the flow rate of 1.4 GPM. The TSS (Total Stop System) and the wide track wheels make it up for great maneuverability boosts its reliability and longevity. As one of the best electric pressure washer in the market, the Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer can handle any cleaning job you throw at its way – from siding and windows to power washing vehicles – and outperform and outrank the competition.
PowerPlay PJR2000 Electric Pressure Washer’s Review
POSTIVES: Things you will absolutely love about …
- Power washer that really The Powerplay PJR2000 has many unique features you will not find in other electric pressure washers, such as the roll up electric cord and wheels. The pressure is also great for electric model.
- Easy to assemble and use. Easy to assemble and operate, as many customer report. The hose winder is another great add-on on the Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer. Customers would have given it five (5) stars but it takes few seconds for the pressure to build up after releasing the trigger. Therefore, they gave it 4.5 stars!
- Excellent and powerful product. At first, customers were worried if it would be powerful, enough to clean the concrete – pathway, driveway, stone patios, etc – and the Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer did it with ease.
- The machine does not leak, as other reviews spoke of. Many customers did not have any issue with the leaks from the machine as some reviews spoke of. They say those reviewers probably did NOT read the full set up instructions and may have missed the step where they had to remove the filter screen and tighten the inside of the nozzle area, before finally replacing it. That would certainly cause the “leak” as they were talking about and why did others not have any problem with it, argues one customer.
- High quality machine that is worth its price: – After a 18-year old 5.5 horsepower washer finally wore out and was not worth fixing, one of the customer decided to purchase Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer. She says this best electric pressure washer lived up to her expectations. She found it was a high quality unit that would last a long, long time and worth every penny it costs.
- Powerful electric pressure washer. The pressure washer is 2000 PSI and really cleans the dirt and mold off concrete and wooden surface. It does a great job washing deck. Also, it comes with 4 nozzle attachments. If you were using a 1400 Psi model, you will immediately tell the difference
- The hose is a bit stiff. Not intolerably stiff that you cannot work with it, but there are times when it could be inconvenient for a while until the plastic starts to relax with the water flow.
- The handle slips off when winding back the rubber hose. Rather, a screw should have held it on, suggest one customer.
The Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer is a power washer that actually works and comes with many unique features that you will NOT find in other best electric pressure washers in the market – roll up electric cord and wheels, 4 nozzle attachments, TSS (total stop system), storage for the hose, gun, nozzle, and the power cord. It is easy to assemble and operate and only takes few seconds for the pressure to build. The pressure (2000 PSI) is also great of the Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer. It cleans everything – driveway, stone patios, pathways – at ease.
Although there are small issues with the Powerplay PJR2000 electric pressure washer (stiff hose, lack of storage for the four nozzle attachments, handle slipping off), nonetheless, it is a high quality machine that is worth every penny it will cost and very reliable. The best thing about this best electric pressure washer is that the machine does NOT leak, as other reviewers spoke, as they probably they missed a step here and there.
Pros: Easy to assemble and use, powerful, cleans concrete and stone, comes with 4 nozzles, sturdy and rolls easily, does not tip over hose, fairly light weight (around 40lbs), has on board soap tank and mix it into water, does not leak
Cons: Hose is a bit stiff sometimes, can tip over if it gets stuck while pulling
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API