For most of the time, you will not use your travel trailer through the entire year. There will be times that it will sit idly in your garage or park by the house. After a while, the trailer may be exposed to many harmful things and can cost you thousands of dollars to repair it. One simple solution would be to get a good cover to preserve the trailer appearances and functions. If you want to know more about it along with some of the best travel trailer covers reviews, this article is for you.
To make it short, travel trailer cover is what you use to shield the trailer from foreign factors and animals. These include winds, rains, sunlight, bugs, rodents, etc. The cover will wrap around the trailer through its entire length and act as a layer of protection. From the hottest summer to the coldest winter, the cover will keep your trailer at its maximum performance. You can cut down a large amount of expense in damages repair or avoid complicated insurance process with just the cover alone.
Several cover features and specification
You only waste money if you go out and buy a random cover for your travel trailer. To ensure the investment is well spent, you need to carefully inspect the products before deciding on the final choice. A suitable cover must be able to match your travel trailer built, storage conditions and weather elements. Many covers also come with insurance so you can readily replace it when a need arises. Take all of this into account to have a wise and logical purchase
Classes of travel trailers
As you may already know, there is a lot of brands and lines of travel trailer and each one is unique. To obtain the appropriate protection, only consider the type of cover that fit your trailer style. This will help you significantly narrow down the choices of a cover.
Next to the class, the size of the travel trailer is also an influential factor in searching for a cover. You could try to obtain the measurement base on the manufacturer model specification but this may be incorrect. The real-life measurement could be longer or shorter compared to the factory standard. To make sure that you got the precise trailer dimension, measure it from bumper to bumper. You can do that with the average tape measurement.
It’s recommended that when you got the trailer cover size, add it up by 1, especially when you want to use customizable cover. If the cover happens to be a bit long, you can always strap it together using rope or harness. However, should the cover fall short, you can’t truly get the most use out of the cover.
People use a variety of materials to produce trailer cover. These materials will go through distinct processing techniques to increase strength and thickness. Some of the popular materials would be polypropylene, polyester, woven, unwoven and much more. The point here is that you should look for something that got the right balance between protection and ventilation. It must be strong and thick enough to endure the weather yet should also be breathable to the trailer surface.
Sunlight, temperature and water, these are the common weather elements that a cover must go up against every day. Sunlight and extreme temperatures can quickly degrade your paint scheme, rubber and plastic components. Water leakage can get to the trailer electrical system and ruin it. That is why it’s essential that your cover possesses sufficient resistance. An ideal cover should have top-heavy fabrics that are waterproof while the sides shield the trailer from UV ray and temperature changes.
Top 5 best travel trailer covers reviews
AMAZON BEST SELLERS in”travel trailer covers”
1. ADCO 52244 Designer Series SFS Aqua Shed Travel Trailer RV Cover
- Length 26 feet 1 inch, 28 feet 6 inches (345 inches x 100 inches x 102 inches) and this cover accommodates for: All types of front ends, air conditioners, extra tall and regular height walls, slide outs and ladders
- Dimension: 1 x 25 x 1 Inches
- Length: 15 – 37 inches
- Material: Polypropylene
- Weight: 5 lbs
A design that is suitable for a multitude of climate and moisture level, the ADCO 52244 is easy to install and use. There are many sizes for you choose from which can be fit on a wide range of travel trailer. Its triple layer construction provides top-notch protection against virtually every weather elements. The paint, waxing and repairing expense can be minimized with this one cover. Your trailer will look much younger than its actual age and that may help preserve the resale price.
Across the cover surface that wrap around the trailer side are zipper entries and air vents. These allow easy access from any directions and adequate air movement for ventilation. Buckle systems on the front, rear and bottom are reliable and rip – out resistant. The use of Polypropylene gives the cover a soft sensation yet excelled at preventing water leakage and UV ray. It did allow air to penetrate without too much problem though.
- Durable and thick
- Ease of installation
- Reasonable weight and price
- Great performance from the buckles
- Some of the clips are damaged when delivered
- Not effective in heavy wind region
- Inconsistent quality
2. Camco 45743 28′ ULTRAGuard Class C/Travel Trailer Cover (108″H x 102″W)
- Ideal for cold, snowy regions
- Dimension: 25 x 30.4 x 12.25 Inches
- Length: 26 – 28 inches
- Material: Polypropylene
- Weight: 34 lbs
The Camco 45743 is a product for cold climates with chilly wind, rain and snow. Its top portion employs three SFS layers that offer respectable resistance against snow and rain. The thick Polypropylene fabrics are tough and can automatically adjust themselves based on the situation. For easy access, high quality and reliable zipper entries permit fast enters and exit. At 34 pound, the cover is slightly heavy but it did keep the entire cover wrap tightly around the trailer.
Air vent design is good at keeping the moisture out and letting the air in. Both the seams and corner are well made to endure extreme weather conditions. It’s a quality product that should remain the same after a long time.
- Perfect for windy and cold regions
- Give a tight fit on the trailer
- Could be used for years
- Worth its cost
- The customer feedback service could use some improvement
- Instructions are a bit vague and require a long time to properly install
- Quite bulky
3. Classic Accessories 80-351-303101-RT Overdrive PolyPro 3 Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover, Fits 15′ – 18′
- Travel Trailer Cover: Fits travel trailers & toy haulers 15' - 18' long, 114" high from ground to roof
- Dimension: 246 x 102 x 104 Inches
- Length: 15 – 18 inches
- Material: Poly PRO 3
- Weight: 16 lbs
Made to survive a storm, this cover will preserve your travel trailer in the harshest weathers. Its associated accessories are fully adjustable so you can give the trailer a custom fit trailer. The durable Poly PRO 3 is employed in triple layers that work very well against dirt, wind and rain. You can expect the cover to deliver a year-round protection. The ergonomic attachment mechanism reduces the time you have to crawl under the trailer while setting up the cover.
Besides the usual zipper entries to reach doors and engine compartment, there is another large access in the rear. This means you can use on full-size toy hauler without any modification needed. The cover comes with a bag to store and carries it when not in use.
- Detailed instruction and easy to set up
- Stay intact in rough weathers and environments
- Tough and reliable
- Utilize high-quality material
- The lower edges need to be reinforced
- Holes and rips may occur
4. Expedition by Eevelle Travel Trailer Cover – Fits 17′ to 18′ Long Trailers
- Marine grade Waterproof "Marinex" boat cover fabric rooftop for maximum water resistance and durability - Treated with Durapel UV Sun Inhibitor for maximum sunlight protection of the fabric and maximum UV protection for your RV
- Dimension: 25.8 x 18.7 x 17.5 Inches
- Length: 17 – 18 inches
- Material: X – Strength Fabric
- Weight: 25.2 lbs
If durability is your main requirement, you can’t go wrong with this cover. It’s simple to use and should give a tight wrap around the trailer. The cover toughness should ensure a total protection to the trailer when setting up. To tighten or loosen the cover, all you need is to adjust the straps. You can quickly set it up and remove it in mere minutes
- Held it own against violent wind and heavy snow
- Sturdy construction and thick
- Give a tight wrap
- The tie down set up is inconvenient
- A bit hard to fit all its maximum size
5. Leader Accessories Blue Travel Trailer Rv Cover Fits Trailer Camper
- Fits 30'-33' RV trailer camper, Size:402"L*102"W*104"H
- Dimension: 26 x 21 x 21 Inches
- Length: 18 – 20 inches
- Material: Polypropylene
- Weight: 28 lbs
A basic design with excellent material and flexibility, the Leader Blue is an effective cover for its cost. There are many zipper entries that let you access the trailer doors and engines. It also got spaces for a ladder, air conditioner, etc. The triple layer top and single layer sides handle themselves well before wind and rain.
- Allow a custom fit shield for the trailer
- Stay in one piece no matter the weather
- Strong straps and quite elastic
- The zipper size is a bit small
- Complicated installation
- Relatively heavy
And that is pretty much everything, not too hard to take in, right? Protecting your travel trailer with a cover is a very economical choice. It’s much cheaper than the travel maintenance and repair fee which can reach to the thousands. Right above are some of best travel trailer covers reviews. Take a look and you can get a suitable cover for your own trailer as well.
AMAZON BEST SELLERS in”travel trailer covers”
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API