- 1 Must Read Points Before Purchasing a Mountain Bike
- 2 10 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Dollars in 2020 – Mens Mountain Bike
- 2.1 #1 Amazon Best Seller: Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike
- 2.2 #2 Amazon Best Seller: Max4out Mountain Bike Folding Bikes
- 2.3 #3 Amazon Best Seller: Hiland 24 26 Inch Mountain Bike
- 2.4 #4 Amazon Best Seller: Outroad Mountain Bike
- 2.5 #5 Amazon Best Seller: 26in Folding Mountain Bike
- 2.6 Mongoose Impasse
- 2.7 Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike, 7 Speed
- 2.8 Schwinn Mesa 3 Adult Mountain Bike,
- 2.9 Huffy Summit Ridge
- 2.10 Royce Union 27.5″ RMA Mens 21-Speed All-Terrain Mountain Bike
- 3 Rating Table for 10 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500
Seeking for how to get the best mountain bikes under 500? Check out our analysis before making your final choice about mens mountain bike – mountain bikes for men!
Must Read Points Before Purchasing a Mountain Bike
- Budget– As here we are discussing the best mountain bikes under 500 dollars, so budget itself plays an important part in selecting the bike. The buyer should not think that in a specific range budget the quality will be compromised. It’s just that one has to look carefully and explore all the options in the market available and choose the best one. Some famous brands do put up a sale and buyers should look out for that sales and grab the deal.
- Terrain– These bikes offer you specific terrain options to ride on whether it is off road or paved roads, bikes wheels, and frames are designed according to the terrain they are made to ride on. These are the different bikes –
- Trail bikes– specifically designed for local trails. And if a local trail is your need of the hour then just go for trail bikes.
- Cross-country bikes– known by the name of XC bikes, these are the most common and loved by the riders of this field. Select them if you need to have a race on the local trails or crossing the steep or rough local trails.
- Fat bikes– as the name speaks these are the bikes with fat or wide tires. Perfect for beginners as it will be helpful on rough terrain due to its wide tires and for beginners, safety has always been an issue.
- Enduro bikes– these are all mountain purpose bike. Its lightweight makes it stand out from the other bikes as it easy to pedal uphill and easier to cross steep climbs.
- Downhill bikes– These bikes mostly serve the purpose of competition and racing as with these easy to pedal over any obstacle. They require full safety during the rides i.e. full pads and full face helmets. They are not meant for beginners in any way.
- Brakes– when speed plays its role side by side it is very important that the brakes should work best with the speed. One should always look for hydraulic brakes, not for the mechanical linear pull or the cable ones. Hydraulic brakes provide a powerful and precise result in a time less than the cable ones and are easy to maintain also.
- Types of bike suspension– covered by three types – full suspension, hardtail and rigid.
- Full suspensions are the ones with front and rear suspension both offering the extra comfort during the adventurous ride.
- Hardtail bikes have only the front suspension resulting in light weight riders and rider can easily peddle uphill rather than in full suspension bikes. But it reduces the comfort one is getting on full suspension bikes.
- A rigid suspension is with no suspension on either side, front or back. They are rarely found and are specifically designed for the particular purpose.
- Gears– with an option to choose from single to 30 gears from different manufacturers. Shimano is the world leader in designing the gears and brake levers. If speed and climbing the steep slopes is the main motive opting for more gears is always the best. The more gears more easily the user will be able to ride on the steep surface with better speed.
- Size– various sizes are available in the market for the various heights. People can choose from many options according to their comfort, height and body sizes. Test ride before a buy is the best option to choose the right bike for yourself.
Listed below are best mountain bikes which satisfy both affordability and quality.
10 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Dollars in 2020 – Mens Mountain Bike
CHECK HERE to view Top 5 AMAZON Best Sellers in Mountain Bikes Under 500 Dollars in 2020
- Assembly tutorial video located beside the images; with a Denim Blue hardtail frame and 21 speeds to conquer the trails, the Huffy Stone Mountain is ready for outdoor adventures; just follow the steps in our product manual
The Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike is among the best and most affordably priced products you can find on the market. This bike is perfect for mountain biking fanatics who are on a bit of a budget as it costs only around $160.
Thanks to its 21 speeding options that can be easily switched between thanks to a Shimano rear derailleur and a micro-shift twister, you can ride the bike smoothly on any terrains. You can also enjoy great comfort while maintaining a healthy posture with its elevated handlebar.
Besides, the bike also comes in a wide range of colors for you to choose from. All in all, judging from its price and quality features, this bike is a highly attractive option for new, inexperienced mountain cyclists.
|– Good value for money||– Relatively basic|
|– Affordably priced|
|– Available with 21 speeds|
|– Various color options|
- 【GOOD QUALITY】Solid Frame, the combination of high carbon steel material folding mountain bike frame and excellent welding technology, make it a durable and stable cruising bike.
This model from Max4Out is ideal for both mountain bikers and commuters judging from its comparatively small frame, medium tire sizes and a gearbox with 21 speeding options.
The bike comes with many great features. To begin with, its amazing brake gives you full control of the vehicle’s movement regardless of what speed you are riding at, and its solid aluminium frame is durable enough to withstand any impact during use.
Although some may complain that the bike’s suspension may not excel in terms of shock absorption compared to its counterparts in this list, rest assured that it is still pretty solid and can deliver a good performance throughout your ride. In addition, it can support a maximum weight of up to 330 pounds. The only drawback is that you will have to assemble the bike on your own upon delivery.
|– Versatile enough for both mountain biking and daily commuting||– Not readily assembled|
|– Durable yet lightweight aluminium weight|
|– All-terrain wheels and tires|
|– Easy gear switching|
- NO WORRIES ABOUT THE VALVES: Hiland had corrected the valve to American standard - Schrader valve(A.V)
This is another ideal choice for inexperienced bikers who want to start picking up mountain biking.
The first great thing about this bike is that you can easily pedal it thanks to the Shimano drivetrain, which is perfect for beginners. It also comes with many different colors and wheel sizes, so you can pick one that suits your personal preference. In addition, early buyers get a complimentary kickstand for easy and convenient storage.
Although some models have problems with the valves,, they can be easily fixed and therefore this bike remains a worthwhile option.
|– Easy pedalling thanks its drivetrain||– Work needed for the valves|
|– Complimentary kickstand for easy storage|
|– Various color and wheel size options|
- Folding bike with High Carbon Steel mountain bike dual suspension frame,Shimano 21 speed gears.
This mountain bike comes with many amazing features. To begin with, it has a highly durable steel frame that can endure any impact. Although this might be a bit heavier for many, the level of durability it offers can totally compensate for this.
In addition, the bike also comes with fashionable rims that are 26 inches wide. The rims are designed with 6 spokes, which can effectively boost the bike’s overall speed and safety. Besides, the bike is highly versatile thanks to the 21-speed gears that allow a smooth experience on any road terrains, and the customizable saddle height also offers greater comfort for its rider.
|– Comfortable seats||– Heavy weight|
|– Excellent shock absorption thanks to its front and rear suspension||– Problematic brake assembly|
|– High versatility||– Fixed front suspension|
- Product size: 26 inches ; Product folding size: 94x88x38cm/37x34x15in ; Product packaging size: 134x72x19cm/52x28x7.5in ; Gross weight: 20kg ; Products include: 1x bicycle.
This folding bike is another great choice for mountain biking lovers. With its fashionable, foldable design, it is suitable for bikers of both genders.
Like many of our top picks, this bike also features Shimano derailleur and shifter for you to smoothly switch between its 21 speeds. The 3-spoke magnesium wheels make this bike both durable and lightweight, and the overall level of safety is also boosted thanks to its Tolan disc brakes and MTB brake lever.
Another great point about this bike is its high carbon steel frame which contributes greatly to its durability. All in all, this is a great choice that you should not overlook.
|– Durable high carbon steel frame||– No real cons|
|– Lightweight and foldable structure|
|– Fashionable design|
Top 5 Best Mountain Bikes under 500 Dollars on AMAZON for your reference
- Aluminum suspension frame maximizes comfort & performance
The Mongoose Impasse is another great bike that you should consider before making any purchase decision as it comes with a whole range of amazing features that any mountain biker wishes for.
To begin with, it comes with 29-inch tires and a highly durable aluminium frame, giving you full control of the vehicle regardless of the terrain you are riding on. In addition, you can easily switch between the 21 speeding options thanks to the SRAM twist shifters of the bike, making it more effortless for you to ride either uphill or downhill.
Besides, the vehicle can be halted at any given time thanks to the front and rear disc brakes. Although there is not much space for a water bottle holder, this bike remains a real steal judging from the many great features that you can get for such an affordable price.
|– Reliable front and rear disc brakes||– Inadequate space for a water bottle holder|
|– Quick and smooth gear shifting thanks to the built-in SRAM twist shifters||– Slightly uncomfy seat|
- From pavement to trails, get out and ride with the High Timber; Schwinn steel mountain-style frame and Schwinn suspension fork combine for a durable and responsive riding experience on a variety of terrain
Mountain biking beginners will find this mountain bike from Schwinn an ideal option due to its reasonable price and quality.
One of the best things about this bike is its steel suspension fork and frame, which are highly reliable even on the roughest terrains out there. Its reliability is further heightened by the large, knobby all-terrain tires that are 29 inches wide, making the bike even tougher and easier to control.
In addition, the bike comes with 21 gears, making it easy for you to ride on both rough trails and smooth city roads. Its triple chainring can also boost your confidence, especially when dealing with steep slopes. Although the bike does not feature any disc brakes, its durable steel frame and other amazing features surely compensate for this.
|– Easier uphill rides thanks to its triple chainring||– Tricky assembly|
|– Durable solid steel frame||– Slightly uncomfortable seat|
|– All-terrain knobby tires for extra grip||– A bit heavy frame|
- The Schwinn Mesa 3 is for riders who want to take mountain biking to the next level. 27. 5” wheels and small frame fit riders 5’2” to 5’6” in height.
This is a perfect choice for shorter bikers as it features a smaller frame. However, this bike remains highly competitive with its 21-speed drivetrain and 27.5-inch robust wheels, making it even more reliable for unseasoned bikers.
Another plus point is the bike’s aluminum frame and suspension fork that can be use freely on even the roughest off-road trails. In addition, it can be stopped at any given time thanks to its linear pull brakes, which are also made of aluminum.
Although it does not come with any disc brakes, this bike is still an amazing product that you should take into consideration.
|– Highly stable thanks to its aluminum suspension fork||– Only suitable for shorter bikers|
|– Available with 21-speed Shimano Tourney drivetrain||– No disc brakes|
|– Easy to change gears with its Shimano EZ-FIRE shifters||– Unsuitable for heavier trail use|
- With a gloss red hardtail frame and 21 speeds to conquer the trails, the Huffy Summit Ridge is ready for outdoor adventures
This affordably priced mountain bike is suitable for teenagers who are aged 13 onwards and at least 60 inches tall. It comes in many different wheel sizes, ranging from 20 to 26, so you can easily choose one that suits your preference.
The number of speed options also varies from 6 to 21, and the 21-speed option is the most popular since this can allow riders to deal with any road terrains. You will also find the gear-shifting hand twist extra useful as this can be used to switch between gears effortlessly during your ride.
The bike also comes in many colors and styles, so bikers of both genders can choose one that suits their personal taste. In addition, the slightly raised handlebars also help reduce shoulder and back pressure, and the overall comfortability level is improved thanks to its padded seat.
|– Available in many sizes and gearing options||– Slightly heavy|
|– Suitable for unseasoned riders||– Fairly vague instruction manual|
|– Various colors and styles to choose from|
- RMA is the perfect trail companion; an all-terrain mountain bike ideal for trails, gravel paths and even paved streets; hardtail aluminum frame never rusts and is lighter than steel for easier acceleration and easier handling
This is another highly versatile mountain bike that can also be used on normal roads and can be a suitable option for riders of any virtue thanks to the wide range of sizes it comes in, from 17 to 22 inches.
One other plus point about this bike is the extra traction it offers, which is facilitated by its 27.5-inch wheels and tires with less rolling resistance. A Zoom suspension fork is also included in the bike, giving you a smooth riding experience by absorbing any impact and bumps.
It is also easier for you to ride uphill or simply to accelerate thanks to the bike’s built-in 21-speed Shimano rear derailleur, and you can effortlessly stop the bike with its alloy linear pull brakes. All in all, this bike is a great value for money that you must not overlook when deciding on your next mountain bike purchase.
|– Comes with 10-year frame warranty||– Slightly uncomfortable stock seat|
|– Different sizing options||– No disc brakes|
|– 21-speed Shimano rear derailleur|
10 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Dollars in 2020 – Mens Mountain Bike
The cycles are again becoming the new cool of this era even in these technology-filled cars for super speed lovers. Cycling has made a man think its importance as it is both environment-friendly and promises a good and a fit health.
For the adventure lovers, we are familiar with a name, mountain bikes which are capable of different terrain and are possessed with the super new feature.
Mountain bikes as the name speaks for itself are an off-road vehicle for the adventure-friendly people. This bikes we can say are not cheap equal to the normal ones because of its built and other feature absent in the normal bikes.
There is a myth amongst the people for these bikes that it will be expensive and not easy to afford. But the market is loaded with the bikes priced from affordable ones to the expensive ones.
The first and the foremost thing is that the bike should fulfill the requirements and the price. And there is a popularity among the people about the best mountain bikes under 500 dollars.
Some bikes are only made for a specific terrain and before buying the user should keep in mind his requirements of the terrain he wants to ride the bike in. Other feature also plays a significant role in the selection of the mountain bike. The features are listed below.
Rating Table for 10 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500
10 Best Mountain Bikes under 500 Dollars
1. Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike with 26-Inch Wheels
2. Diamondback Overdrive Sport
3. Schwinn Bonafide Mountain Bike with Front Suspension
4. Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike
5. Diamondback Overdrive
6. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive
7. Schwinn Traxion Full Suspension Mountain Bike
8. Kent Mountain Bike
9. Diamondback Cobra Mountain Bike
10. Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike
In fact, a lot of mountain bikes for sale are up at various sites. Go ahead and enjoy this amazing sport without breaking your bank.
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API