- 1 (Top 7) Best Mountain Bikes Under 1000 Dollars
- 1.1 1. Schwinn Men’s High Timber 27.5″ Wheel Mountain Bicycle
- 1.2 2. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike
- 1.3 3. BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Hardtail MTB SHIMANO
- 1.4 4. Diamondback Bicycles Recoil Complete Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- 1.5 5. Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle (29-Inch)
- 1.6 6. Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Mission 2 Complete All Mountain Full Suspension Bike
- 1.7 7. Montague Paratrooper Mountain Folding Bike
- 2 Rating Table of best mountain bikes under 1000
Are you looking for the best mountain bikes under 1000 in 2020? If yes, you have come to the right place which you can discover the full reviews, tips, and guides.
Cycling booming popularity is one of the main reasons for people going gaga over riding bikes. To cover long distances and climb the mountains, Mountain bikes are the perfect type of bicycles for off-road cycling.
Mountain bikes come at an expensive price, as they ought to have better quality frames and possesses thicker tires.
The market is loaded with different types of mountain bikes designed for varied purposes. Finding an affordable mountain bike that suits your requirements is the main task. A lot of people enquire about the best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars that would fit-in their requirements.
The foremost thing to look forward to while making a purchase is to consider the type of terrain on which you’ll be riding. Let’s take a look at some of the key features you should look out for while purchasing a mountain bike:
Key features you should look out for while purchasing a mountain bike
Budget– When you look out to purchase a new mountain bike, the budget is the most critical factor. It is not always necessary to empty your pockets while opting for a quality bike. You can find a pretty decent good quality bike under 1000 dollars. Look out for branded mountain bikes for sale, as during sale you can get the same bicycle at a lesser cost.
Brakes– Always look for hydraulic disc brakes rather than the cable operated variety. Hydraulic disc brakes are much more powerful, allows precise stopping, and as compared to the cable ones they maintenance cost is much less.
Terrains– You can use mountain bikes for all kinds of off-road and on-road riding, but riding on a specific terrain demands a specific type of frame design.
A) Trail Bikes- For riding on local trails, then prefer trail bikes as they are fun to ride.
B) Cross-country bikes – Also known as XC bikes, they are the most common bikes most people will come across. Opt for these fast and efficient bikes for a racier ride on local trails or for climbing on local trails.
C) Fat bikes – For beginners, Fat bikes are a great option, as their wide tires make it easier to ride on the rough terrains, thus lending comfort to the beginners.
D) All-Mountain Bikes/ Enduro Bikes- These lightweight bikes are best to pedal uphill and are very easier to ride on steep climbs.
E) Downhill Bikes- These big bikes can cover any obstacle while riding, with ease. These tough bikes require the rider to wear full-face helmets and body protection equipment; these bikes are meant to be competitive.
Types Of Bike– Basically there are 3 types of mountain bikes; full suspension, hardtail, and rigid (Has no suspension). Full suspension mountain bike offers both the front and rear suspension, which lends increased comfort to the rider.
On the other hand, hardtail bikes offer only the front suspension. Though hardtail due to only front suspension is lightweight and peddle more efficiently they cannot match the comfort and ride of a full-suspension bike.
Gears– From a single speed to 30 or more gears, the mountain bikes come in everything. Go for a mountain bike with more gears, if you intend to ride the bike on steep slopes and vice-versa.
Size– It is very important to consider the size of the mountain bike before you make a purchase. Prefer a right-sized bike that suits your requirement. It is always advisable to go for a test ride before you make the actual purchase.
Do some research before you intend to make a purchase. Bike reviews are a great way to find the features that may or may not suit you. Thus, they can help you to make a wise purchase.
Usually, when you go for an inexpensive option, brands sacrifice the quality somewhere or the other, to bring down the costs. But, there are certain exceptions to this concept. If you have a tight budget, you can look for the best mountain bikes under 500.
Listed below are some of the best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars, the ones that ensure quality and durability. Take a look:
(Top 7) Best Mountain Bikes Under 1000 Dollars
- Schwinn mountain frame with Schwinn suspension fork for controlled riding on tough trails
When it comes to mountain bikes, Schwinn is the first name that strikes the mind. It is a brand that is known for its quality and affordability.
Schwinn Men’s High Timber mountain bicycle is an entry-level model that has been designed to suit everybody’s needs. Be it a beginner or a professional rider, this mountain bike is loaded with excellent features to match up to everyone’s requirements.
Take a look at its features:
Frame– Its sleek design is eye-catching. This mountain bike comes in two colors: grey and white and possesses an alloy frame that assures the rider of comfort while driving a mountain bike. Adding to the comfort is the adjustable seat.
Wheel size– The ideal wheel size of 5 inches is one of the best parts about this bicycle. It delivers a quality ride and provides great maneuverability.
Saddle– The saddle has a larger surface area complied with high-quality padding material. It adds to the comfort of the rider while traveling long distances.
Suspension– This model is equipped with an SR Suntour front suspension fork that ensures controlled riding. The linear-pull brakes installed on the bike guarantees the safety of the rider.
Gears– This bike is installed with SRAM gripped gears and has a total of 21 gears that makes it suitable for an entry-level biker. The alloy rims give durability to this bike.
Brake System– A lot of these bike components are made from alloy, including the front and rear linear-pull brakes. The alloy brakes guarantee quick and precise stopping.
The unmatchable features of this bike make it one of the most preferred mountain bike amongst the mountain bike riders. To conclude, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this bike:
- Design- The sleek and sturdy design combined with the steel frame makes it one of the most durable mountain bikes available.
- Wheel Size- The 27.5 inches of wheel size makes the acceleration easier, thus best to ride for casual purposes
- Price- The biggest highlight of this bike is the reasonable price it comes at.
- Assembling- The best part about this bike is that once it is shipped, it comes in as mostly assembled, so there is no hassle of assembling this bike.
- Saddle- The quick-release saddle can be easily adjusted according to each person’s height.
- The steel frame makes it a little bit heavier, thus tough for the beginners to handle.
- This bike fails to overcome the bigger obstacles on the road due to its small wheel size.
- Offers only 21 speeds that are not sufficient for a professional rider.
- The linear-pull brakes account for less stopping power over obstacles.
- Aluminum alloy 29er hard tail frame is tried and true
Diamondback is one of those brands that makes excellent bicycles, which exceeds quality
standards given their price range. From BMX manufacturer to producing all kinds of bikes, This brand has come a long way.
Their bikes are a complete value for money. From entry-level models to high-end models, they produce it all.
Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Hard Tail is a solid mountain bike that is designed to suit the needs of both the entry-level and mid-level riders. Take a look at its amazing features:
Frame– This overdrive model possesses a 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame that gives an amazing pedaling efficiency. The lower riding position adds on to comfort while riding this bicycle.
Brake system– It comes with the Tektro Mechanical Disc Brakes that are flexible enough for you to manage in any situation.
Wheels– This versatile bike offers easy handling as it is equipped with 27.5″ wheels that won’t let you down in any hard situations. The wheels are quite heavy, but being bigger in size they ensure comfort and a quality ride.
Speed system– The Shimano 8-speed rear derailleur and 3 chainrings offers you 24 speeds to choose from. The Shimano 2×10-speed drivetrain provides an extensive range of gears to choose from while riding the bike on any kind of terrain.
Fork– It is equipped with a four-inch Suntour suspension fork that provides a decent defense against the trail.
Assembling– This bike comes packed in a bigger box that is convenient to open. Assembling requires a few easy steps that won’t consume much of the time. Once it is assembled, you are good to go.
Given the price range it comes in, it is definitely is one of the best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars. Overdrive won’t disappoint you, so go ahead and make a purchase.
- The design of this bike is truly impressive giving it a captivating appeal.
- The mechanical disk brakes allow for precise stopping.
- The aluminum alloy hardtail frame ensures durability.
- The huge wheel size ensures a smooth ride even on the toughest of the terrains.
- The bike is a bit heavier due to its wheel size, which might pose some difficulty for the beginners.
- A few of the components such as the pedals are shallow; thus posing a question on the quality of the bike.
- The bike lacks suspension forks on the rear wheel posing discomfort to the riders.
- The bike is relatively huge in size, therefore people with short height may find it tough to ride.
- BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike; SHIMANO M610 DEORE System
BEIOU is China’s leading bicycle manufacturer. During the past few years, BEIOU has been gaining a strong foothold in the mountain bike industry. BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike is equipped with almost everything that any biker could ask for.
The best part about buying a hardtail bike is that they are mechanically simpler as compared to the suspension mountain bikes.
The features of this stylish bike are loaded with makes it a perfect fit for Cycling Enthusiasts and Professional Athletes. Let’s take a look at the features of this high-quality mountain bike:
Frame– The best part about this bike is its carbon fiber frame. This lightweight frame is much more durable and superior in quality as compared to the usual steel and aluminum frames. Now, with this frame, you won’t face any difficulty even on the most demanding trails. Adding on, the seat post is also made from carbon fiber, which adds to the durability.
Speed– This bike is equipped with a high-end speed system and offers 27-speeds to its riders to choose from. Thus, this 30-speed system makes use of the Shimano gear to manage the bike at its top-notch speed, making it easier for the rider to blaze across all kinds of mountain trails with ease.
Brake system– This carbon fiber frame bike is equipped with a very powerful brake system. The hydraulic dual disc brake systems ensure safety even on tough terrains. Moreover, it uses Shimano M355 technology that makes it easier for the rider to smoothly stop the bicycle on any kind of terrain.
If you are looking for a stylish high-end bike without burning a hole in your pocket, then this is the one for you. All the prominent features mentioned above make BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike a must-buy for all types of riders.
- Its spectacular design is eye-catching.
- The carbon fiber frame is lightweight and superior in quality, ensuring durability.
- It is equipped with the powerful Shimano disc front and rear brakes.
- A high-end speed system makes it a perfect bike for cycling enthusiasts.
- The fork of this bike is average and fails to impress.
- The bike may seem a little overweight to a few of the riders, as the seat post is also made from carbon fiber.
- Hand built 4-inch travel 6061 T-6 aluminum alloy full suspension 29er frame is ready for the trail
The brand that emerged in 1977 is known for its quality bicycles, to date. From low to mid-priced bicycles they are known for their affordable bicycles.
The Diamondback Recoil Trail Full Suspension mountain bike is loaded with amazing components and comes in two sizes; the small and medium-size that are designed to suit the needs of different types of riders.
The best part about this bike is that it is easy to assemble. Let’s take a look at its other characteristics:
Frame– The lightweight, yet strong 6061- T6 aluminum frame with hand-built 4-inches of travel is one of the main reasons behind the comfort of this bicycle. It weighs only 33 pounds. This durable frame along with its sleek and single pivot design makes it one of the best eye-catching mountain bikes that have been made for all types of riders.
Suspension– The SR Suntour XCT suspension fork complemented with large 29 inches wheels absorb shock from rough terrains, i.e. ensures a smoother ride over all kinds of obstacles. Adding the cherry on the cake is the adjustable fork that can be easily tailored as per the rider needs.
Brakes– With the wheel size of 27.5 inches, this bike is equipped with Tektro Aires mechanical disc brakes at both front and rear ends, which makes it easier to stop or slow down the bike without any hassle.
Easy Gearing– The gearing components have 24 speeds to offer. The Suntour triple-chainring cranks complied with 8 cog cassette gives the rider a better biking experience.
Alloy parts– One of the main reason behind its being lightweight are the various alloy components it imbibes. From pedals to rims, all the alloy parts work amazingly to ensure durability.
- The suspension fork along with large 29 inches wheels ensures smooth and controlled performance. The fork can be adjusted according to the rider needs.
- The gearing components have 24 speeds to offer that is good enough.
- All the Shimano components installed in the bike allows for a smooth riding on the steep hills.
- A lot of customers have complained about the little annoying noise while applying the
- The assembly manual of this bike is not up to the mark.
- Aluminum suspension frame maximizes comfort & performance
For more than 40 years, Mongoose has been producing the most durable bicycles that are known for their performance. Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle is no different.
Looking at the price range this mountain bike comes in, you will be amazed to see the features this bike is loaded with. Let’s check out its review:
Frame– It possesses the solid aluminum full suspension frame. This frame is much lighter as compared to steel frames. Only the main concern with this bike is its big frame size; thus it is suggested that this bike is used by people who are 68 inches or higher.
Suspension– It is a dual full suspension bike. With the dual suspension, shocks can be better absorbed. So, you can easily adjust the bike over any obstacles resulting in an effortless ride.
Brakes– This bike has won accolades from all over the world for its safety, as it is loaded with both the front and rear alloy disc brakes. It allows you to slow down your bike without any hassle. Altogether, with such effective brakes, this bike ensures a safer biking experience.
Shifters– This bike comes with Shimano TX-35, 21-speed rear derailleur, and complementing are the SRAM MRX twist shifters. This systemization allows switching gears easier, adding to the comfort of the rider.
Wheel size– This bike offers 21 speeds, which is good enough for entry-level bikers. It comes with a 28″ x2.1″ set of wheels with rims made of alloy and alloy discs forming the hubs. The wheel size is quite large but it is good even on rough terrains.
If you are one of those entry-level mountain bikers who don’t want to invest much on mountain bikes, then given all the features, this bike is the most appropriate one for you.
- The aluminum full suspension frame is lightweight and ensures durability.
- It is equipped with both the front and rear alloy disc brakes that allow effective stopping.
- The adjustable saddle can be easily elongated or shortened to suit different heights.
- The huge 29-inch wheel size increases the overall performance of the bike.
- The instruction manual is poorly made making it confusing for the rider to understand the instructions.
- Disc brake adjustment of the bike after assembling is a bit riskier.
- 21-speed shifts may seem a bit limiting and for those who love speed, this may not match the needs.
- The tire treads are a little flimsy, thereby increasing the chances of wear and tear.
- Hand built All Mountain 160mm travel 6061-T6 aluminum frame with KnuckleBox suspension is super stiff and ultra durable
Diamondback bicycles provide a great range of products for all cycling enthusiasts. It offers bicycles for both kids and adults. This brand has made a remarkable improvement in its Mission models. With well-sorted geometry and quality components, this bike won’t disappoint you in any form.
The diamondback mission 2 all-mountain bicycle is the must-have bicycle for the aggressive riders who are competitive enough and want to taste every bit of riding the mountain bikes.
This bike is towards enduro racing. Endure mountain bikes are those wherein the downhills are timed and the uphills are not. Take a look at its features:
Frame– It consists of a 6061 Weapons Grade aluminum frame with KnuckleBox suspension design that adds to the durability of this bicycle. KnuckleBox design provides stability while the bike is going down.
Wheel Size– The 27.5″ wheel size and the tubeless-ready WTB Vigilante Race tires
offers amazing handling while riding and even provides great stability even at the highest speeds.
Fork– It is equipped with a FOX 36 Float. With the suspension in both the front and rear, this mountain bike covers all the obstacles on the way, with ease. The lockout feature on the fork is the key highlight.
Gears– The SRAM 1×10-speed delivers a wide range of gears to ride the bicycle on any kind of terrain.
Brake System- It is equipped with Sram DB5 Hydraulic Disc Brakes that allows easy stopping of the bicycle even on the toughest terrains.
Drivetrain– It consists of the Shimano 1×11 drivetrain that doesn’t make any noise, either while pedaling or coasting. Due to its long chain-stay, this bike is very stable at high speed. On the three main pivot points, you can locate single-sided hardware that allows convenient bearing access.
This is the bike that works well for normal riders. In case you need a bike for extended climbs then this one is not for you. Take a look at the pros and cons of this bike:
- It is equipped with good brakes that allow precise stopping.
- The long chain-stay makes the bike stable at high speeds.
- KnuckleBox’s four-bar linkage provides increased control over the wheel rate. Thus, this bike works great while going down.
- The aluminum frame is quite heavy and makes it tough for beginners.
- This bike does not come with pedals but this being a minor issue can be ignored.
- This bike is difficult while heading uphill.
- GREAT FOR: Montague Paratrooper 24 Speed Folding Mountain Bike for men 26 inch, folding bicycles for adults - 20" Matte Cammy Green, Off-road exploration , Adventure touring , All-day single track , Remote bike camping, Rough trails, Hauling Gear, Bike Camping, Recon missions.
There is no doubt about the fact that folding bike is the best commuter bike and delivers the same performance as a full-sized bike. Talking about folding bikes and one doesn’t mention about Montague is not possible.
Montague is the world’s leading maker of full-size folding bikes. Quality complied with versatility is what defines this brand. Montague Paratrooper Mountain Folding Bike is no different.
This stunning bike has almost every feature that makes it one of the most desired and preferred folding bikes by any type of rider. This bike was basically developed in 1997 to be used by the U.S. Marines.
Take a look at the features:
Convenient– Folding and unfolding of this bike is the easiest. It folds in a compact size of 36″ × 30″×12″ within seconds and no tools are required to do the same. Thus, you can take this bicycle conveniently anywhere along with you.
Wheel Size– The large 27.5″ wheels lead to better handling over any obstacles, eventually offering a smoother and quality ride. Be it any surface, i.e. mountains and flatlands, or paved and unpaved surfaces, etc. this bike will smoothly clear all the obstacles.
Frame– The sturdy frame design is super-stylish and its green color is soothing for the eyes. It contains a Custom drawn 7005 Series Aluminium frame with FIT System. The most eye-catching feature of this bicycle is the two times crate aluminum pedals that allow smooth handling even on the roughest of the terrains.
Speed System– It is equipped with an effective speed system and offers 24-speed shifters to its riders to choose from.
Suspension– The suspension provides 100mm travel which is decent enough and the suspension lock-out feature is simps amazing. This feature makes it possible to lock the suspension while riding, so the forks don’t move.
Brake system– It comes with extremely efficient front and rears high-quality hydraulic disc brakes.
Even on extreme terrains, this bike won’t disappoint you. Storage is super-convenient and it delivers one of the best quality rides. Without a doubt, this bike is the complete value for money. To sum it up further, take a look at the pros and cons of this bike:
- The patented folding design allows for easy storage and convenient handling.
- The adjustable seat provides adequate comfort to the rider.
- The strong front and back disc brakes perform excellently and allow smooth stopping over obstacles.
- The suspension lockout feature is amazing. With this, you can lock the suspension while riding so that the forks don’t move.
- The skinny handlebar grips seem uncomfortable, making the whole bike design look frail.
- There is no handlebar adjustment, which makes it difficult for the rider to ride for extended periods.
- This bike may seem a little uncomfortable for longer journeys.
🥇More Best-Selling Mountain Bikes on Amazon
Rating Table of best mountain bikes under 1000
Best Mountain Bikes under 1000
- Schwinn Men's High Timber 27.5" Wheel Mountain Bicycle
- Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Overdrive Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike
- BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Hardtail MTB SHIMANO
- Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Recoil Complete Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle
- Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Mission 2 Complete All Mountain Full Suspension Bike
- Montague Paratrooper Mountain Folding Bike 2015
Before making a purchase, always think about what kind of terrain you ride. If you happen to be a beginner then always go something inexpensive or look out the mountain bikes for sale segment. Be well-versed with the terms of any warranty that comes with the mountain bike.
Last update on 2020-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API