- 1 🥇(Top 10) Best Longboard Brands
- 2 Types of Longboards
- 3 🥇(Top 10) Best Longboard Brands on AMAZON – Reviews
- 3.1 1. VOLADOR 42inch Freeride Longboard Complete Cruiser – Best Longboard Brand
- 3.2 2. Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) – Best Overall
- 3.3 3. MBS All-Terrain Longboard – Amazon Bestselling Longboard
- 3.4 4. Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard
- 3.5 5. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard 40-inch Drop Deck – Best for Downhill
- 3.6 6. Magneto 44 inch Kicktail Cruiser Longboard Skateboard- Best Overall
- 3.7 7. Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard Cruiser
- 3.8 8. Loaded Boards Dervish Sama Bamboo Longboard – Luxury Longboard
- 3.9 9. White Wave Bamboo Longboards
- 3.10 10. Quest super cruiser artisan Bamboo – Best for Surfing
- 4 How to Choose The Best Longboard Brands?
- 5 Closing Thoughts
Seeking for how to get the Best Longboard Brands in 2020? If yes, you should read our analysis before making your final choice!
Novice longboarders usually have a tough time when it comes to selecting a board that suits their requirement. Different types of boards are available for different types of riding styles. A freestyle board may not be appropriate for downhill longboarding and vice-versa.
While looking for a longboard, the most important aspect is safety, which should not be compromised at any cost. A longboard via a good and reputed brand ensures the safety of the board and carries the legacy of the brand or the best longboard brand reviews.
Thus, always go for a board whose brand name you can trust and relate to. Longboards are available for both novices and professionals. They come in different shapes, styles and each longboard has some different features, to suit your riding styles and abilities.
🥇(Top 10) Best Longboard Brands
- White Wave
A lot of top longboard brands have made their mark in the longboard industry. Take a look at a few of the best longboard brands available on Amazon.
Types of Longboards
Downhill– Also known as bombing, it is the most extreme version of longboarding where riders go down long hills at the fastest speeds possible. It is not at all recommended for the beginners. Downhill longboards tend to provide greater stability as they are flat and have long wheelbases. Larger, softer wheels offer a smoother ride on rough terrain. At faster speeds, only a board that doesn’t have a lot of flex will work. Don’t forget to wear protective gear and pads when doing downhill racing.
Cruisers- These are usually the first that comes to mind when you think of longboards. Cruisers have become a huge scene. They make day-day commuting or carving and cruising the streets way easier. These types of boards are purchased for commuting to places and are not at all focused on speeds. These boards are usually flexible enough to provide a smoother ride even on roughest terrains. The pintails are the most popular shape for this style of riding, but a lot of other shapes are available in this segment too.
Freeride– Another popular style of longboarding is free-riding. As the name suggests, it means riding freely wherever you want. A rider can simply do whatever he wants. To practice this style of longboarding, always go for a stiff board. symmetrical boards with kick tails are the most popular in this category. Moreover, for beginners, the freestyle decks are a great option if they aren’t sure which style of riding they wish to pursue. This style is all about tricks, creativity. Go ahead and have fun with this style of longboarding.
🥇(Top 10) Best Longboard Brands on AMAZON – Reviews
- VOLADOR 42inch Freeride Longboard
- Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch)
- MBS All-Terrain Longboard
- Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard
- MINORITY Downhill Longboard – Best for Downhill
- Magneto 44 inch Kicktail Longboard- Best Overall
- Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard
- Loaded Boards Dervish Sama Bamboo Longboard
- White Wave Bamboo Longboards
- Quest super cruiser artisan Bamboo
1. VOLADOR 42inch Freeride Longboard Complete Cruiser – Best Longboard Brand
- As an artisan work from our engineering team, the 42inch drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
VOLADOR 42INCH FREERIDE LONGBOARD will certainly please you if you are searching for the best freeride longboards. The longboard is a perfect choice for those whose weight is as heavy as 200 lbs. Even if you are heavier than that, the durable deck of this longboard ensures you are well supported.
With its flex features and shock absorbers, the longboard can give skaters a smooth and pleasant ride. Coming with a concave deck, the product gives superb flexibility, shocking absorbency, and optimal strength. Moreover, the materials are eco-friendly and healthy in the long term. The longboard is produced with the aim of minimizing negative effects. As a result, the board is made of sustainable woods and bound by methanol-free epoxy glue.
The product comes in a special symmetrical design, which can avoid wheel bite regardless of angles, hence maneuverability of the board and good control. Designed by many people from many cultures, the graphics of the product are varied. The bottom graphic has optimal durability, meaning it will never fade away.
The wheels of the product are ABEC-9 precision bearings, allowing you to have a superb smooth ride. Finally, not only does it have high-quality materials, it also has top-notch customer service section that is available round-the-lock.
- Perfect choice for heavy skaters thanks to its strong deck, top-notch wheels, excellent bearings and firm grip tape
- Able to bear harsh abusing with negligible wears
- Beautiful and vibrant graphics
- Broad deck to mount motor and electronics
- Excellent grip
- Symmetrical design
- Good price
- Carve easily
- Enables users to make sharp turns
- Offers smooth ride on varied terrains
- Perfect for commuting, cruising and carving.
- The trucks might need to tighten up prior to starting riding for the initial time.
- Ultra-low-riding longboard ensures maximum stability, making it ideal for downhill carving
Having a unique design – unique perimeter shape gives 9.6-inches of leverage into every turn, while also eliminating wheel bite, the Atom Drop-Deck Longboard does not give you optimal stability but is also produced for many purposes, especially the downhill movements. The product comes with a special maple deck which is fully laminated while its reverse kingpin longboard trucks are 245-millimeter axles.
The board is perfect for Ultra-low-riding longboard ensures maximum stability, making it ideal for downhill carving. In addition, the longboard comes with a one-year warranty by the manufacturer thanks to its superb quality.
When it comes to downhill movements, the product provides skaters with top-notch speed and stability. Plus, its wheels have 70×51 wide-lip, making the riders feel very comfortable. Therefore, you can skate in any rough place ranging from streets to campus ground without feeling worried. Finally, the longboard comes in many designs with many attractive colors, so there are many options for you to choose.
- Suitable for riders of all heights
- Functional and versatile
- Highly durable 9-ply full maple wood deck
- Easy turning and maneuvering thanks to the 50-degree baseplate incorporated into its reverse kingpin trucks
- Grippy sharp-lip-shaped wheels
- Comfortable foot placing
- Adequate leverage for little to no wheel bites
- Affordably priced
- Not a good one for advanced tricks. Nevertheless, as a newbie, you must concentrate on learning & just attempt fundamental methods if you want.
- 100mm x 65mm all-terrain longboard wheels are cast with 78A super-high-rebound urethane for a perfect balance between speed and traction
MBS All-Terrain Longboard is a great choice for both young and old riders, allowing even the most inexperienced one to cruise around easily and comfortably.
The all-terrain wheels the longboard features are no doubt its bestselling point.
In addition, its massive 100mm wheels also provide greater grip, making riding at high speed safe and fun. The 78A rated wheel durometer of this longboard also greatly enhances your control of the board.
In short, despite not being known to many, this longboard is a great product for beginners and experienced riders alike.
- Smooth riding experience facilitated by the great grip of its all-terrain wheels
- Easy wheel clearance, which is ideal for beginners
- Comfortable foot placing thanks to its drop-down deck
- Easy to control, making turning and pushing the board a piece of cake
- Fully assembled upon delivery
- Efficient wheel rolling
- Great value for money
- Slow acceleration due to its big wheel size
- Relatively heavy
- TRUCKS: Highly responsive 7-inch aluminum alloy trucks and ultra high elastic PU support pad,providing control and stability.
This 41 Inch Freeride Longboard Skateboard from Junli is highly recommended for riders of all ages, even for kids! It features a stunning design that can attract both your and your kids’ attention immediately.
In terms of durability, the PU wheels of this board are highly durable. When combined with its ABEC-11 high-speed bearings, the wheels can roll extra fast while retaining its traction. It can hold against heavyweights and pressure as well.
In addition, the cold press 8-ply maple incorporated in this board makes it even more sturdy, and its anti-slip brushed black surface also allows extra control of the board.
All in all, this versatile longboard is a great value for money. If you are looking for a longboard that can be used for freestyle riding, this is the one.
- Extra stability and control thanks to its responsive aluminum trucks and highly elastic PU support pad
- Readily assembled upon delivery
- Cold press 8-ply natural maple anti-slip wood deck
- Highly sturdy 70x51mm 80A PU wheels
- ABEC-11 high speed bearings
- Great for downhill rides
- Suited for riders of all ages
- Smooth riding experience guaranteed thanks to its shock absorbent ring
- All-in-on T-toll for easy disassembly
- No real cons
As the name implies, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard is made with the sole purpose of going downhills. The board has a unique design cue where the board is pointier. This structure helps you accelerate faster
Minority Longboard offers a maple wood deck option which is perfect for those seeking a downhill longboard. The product has a deck which is only 40” x 10”, allowing easier paddling. Remember that when you use a downhill longboard, the product has to give you less gravity but a great deal of control and stability.
The product can also accommodate you at different speed levels without losing balance. Plus, its dropping concave ensures that your feet are perfectly locked. In addition, since Minority Longboard comes with excellent reverse kingpin trucks, users can change the degrees (45-50 degrees) as they wish, meaning it is very easy to move the product.
- Equipped with durable and strong deck
- Perfect for a downhill longboard with the great combination of speed and stability
- Strong maneuverability and good balance
- Allows users to make small turning radius
- The deck might be a little wide for some skaters
- Might need to adjust and loosen the trucks a bit in order to turn
- 44-inch Longboard Skateboard designed for cruising and skating around town
This Magneto 44-inch Kicktail Cruiser is ideal for both seasoned newbie skaters as it is a great combination between function and safety.
Without a doubt, the beautifully designed bamboo deck is one of its most attractive selling points. Using this board, you can leisurely cruise around the town in style, either alone or with your gang.
In terms of versatility, this board can be used for whatever your heart desires, from cruising to freestyle dancing.
As for its materials and components, you can rest assured that you are paying for one of the best. It features a sand grit finish for extra grip, so you no longer have to add grip tape on your deck at the expense of its cool design. Its nicely soft wheels also increase its road holding, making it easier for you to turn and ride on any terrain.
All in all, with its smooth roll and flawless finish, this longboard is a great value for money that you should not overlook.
- Highly functional and versatile
- Sturdy aluminum trucks
- Smooth Urethane wheels
- Aesthetic bamboo deck
- Extra grip thanks to its sand grit finish
- Suitable for even beginners
- No real cons
- 39" x 9.1“ drop through longboard for beginner
This Playshion longboard is definitely the ideal choice for beginners as well as the experienced ones. When it comes to the outer performance of the product, it looks far more attractive than the product shown on the screen. What is also worth noticing is that the longboard comes at a very reasonable price despite its superb appearance, coming with 8-ply hardwood maple that allows objects as heavy as 250 lbs, the product is thought to be heavy. However, it is only 8 lbs, quite lightweight for adult and little users.
The maple deck is very strong, durable, and hard to bear bumps and carves with negligible wears. In addition, the wheels of the product are SHR 78A Polyurethane with a size of 70mm which is ideal for beginners.
Generally, the longboard is a typical product for riding for fun, which means you can carve, curve, cruise, freeride and slide easily. Nevertheless, if you are over 250 lbs, you should look for bigger boards for better stability.
- Bears heavy weight up to 250 lbs
- Famous for versatility, strength but sufficient lightness for both kids and adults
- Comes with high-quality deck that is very durable and strong to bear a huge load
- Symmetrical design
- High-quality wheels
- The board cannot do tricks
- DROP-THROUGH CARVING MACHINE – The Loaded Dervish Sama is a performance longboard created for carving, pumping, freestyle, freeride, and urban commuting / alternative transportation.
The Dervish Sama Flex 3 comes in a form factor of 42.8-by-9 inches that provides plenty of room for movement and enjoyable cruising. And to ensure you feel safe and secured during those trips, the board has a high-quality Black ML Grip tape on top of it.
Unlike most maple wood longboards, the Dervish Sama Flex 3 is made from a flex, bamboo composite. While the board can only handle up to 150 pounds, it is still perfect for juniors and teens who are looking for some beginner longboards. That being said, the board does offer 2 different flex sizes, 1 and 2, where the latter provides a higher weight limit.
The Dervish Sama Flex 3 uses the SL bearings, which are housed on a Paris 180mm Black Longboard Truck. The board also comes with a set of Orangatang Durian Purple 75mm 83a Longboard Wheels. The combination maintains an even weight distribution and better control whilst providing a less tacky experience, which is ideal for rough streets.
- Famous for its versatility, which means it can server for many riding purposes
- Easy pushing and stable
- Comes with variable edge concave and Cambered profile for the better riding experience
- Tail kicks and nose
- Provides users with the ability to make tight turns and deep carves
- Flared wheels together with cutouts for the maximal clearance
- Excellent for vibration damping
- Made of fiberglass and vertically laminated bamboo
- Has lightness and durability with a lively ride
- Comes with durable, high-quality Paris trucks
- Special wheels, hence ultimate smoothness, speed and grip
- Maintain good balance
- Good bearings
This 3.5-pound bamboo longboard is a stable choice for any riders.
Although it may seem a bit heavier than its counterparts, this additional weight greatly contributes to its stability.
In addition to the durable deck, its long and extensive base is also amazing for high-speed riding. The board also features 7-inch aluminum trucks with maximum rebound bushings and 70mm urethane wheels for smoother rides.
Its durability is further heightened by the built-in spacers and hellion bearings. Despite its bulky look, this longboard remains relatively lightweight and therefore easy to carry around
- Ideal for downhill rides
- Highly stable thanks to its weight
- Natural materials – bamboo and Canadian Maple
- Top-notch materials
- Highly portable
- A hellion bearing would be better than a ceramic one
- Slightly squeaky trucks
- SIZE MATTERS our 44" Longboard is the perfect size constructed in a Multi-ply Hardwood Maple and beautiful artisan bamboo deck shaped to perform and the extra detail rarely found at this price.
The Quest Super Cruiser is considered the highest standard a longboard can get to. Every little detail shows that the manufacturers really care for the product when they put it together. However, the product may be bulky and heavy to girls and children
The Quest Super Cruiser is considered the highest standard a longboard can get to. Every little detail shows that the manufacturers really care for the product when they put it together.
From the multi-ply maple wood to the 7’’ aluminum trucks and the 70mm PDU wheels, everything screams ‘high-quality’. The components are designed to support a huge amount of weight and to handle forces without breaking. The 44’’ long board checks all the boxes in performance, durability and even affordability. It is suitable for any users, especially for those who have just recently got into longboarding.
- Able to handle objects up to 250 lbs, Capable of supporting heavy weight
- Provide stability and balance. Comes with wheels that can absorb shock well
- Durable design, durable bearings and wheels, broad and solid deck
- High flexibility & Excellent bearings
- Fast & Ideal for cruising
- Reasonable price
- Top-notch, lightweight trucks
- The product may be bulky and heavy to girls and children
How to Choose The Best Longboard Brands?
- Deck– It forms the basis of any longboard, thus it is the most important component to consider while purchasing a longboard. Longboard decks come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. The majority of decks are made from either maple or bamboo. Maple tends to be more durable while bamboo is flexible. Other materials used are fiberglass, aluminum, polycarbonate, and carbon fiber in the construction of a longboard deck.
- Trucks– Trucks are a T-shaped piece of metal that connects the deck of the longboard to the wheels. There are two main kinds of longboard trucks, traditional kingpin, and reverse kingpin. Reverse kingpin trucks are more stable as compared to the traditional kingpin trucks, thus traditional kingpin trucks are not suitable for speed. Reverse kingpin trucks are truly recommended for beginners. Most of the boards these days, have reverse kingpin trucks only.
- Bushings– These are the little pieces of urethane that allow your trucks to turn. It is important as a beginner to know about how to tighten and loosen your trucks. Tightening the trucks makes them more stable less responsive to turning and vice versa.
- Wheels– The diameter(size) and the durometer (hardness) are the two main aspects of longboard wheels. The longer decks work better with larger wheels and shorter boards work better with smaller wheels. The vice-versa can cause wheel bite. Most longboard wheels have a durometer somewhere between 70a and 90a (70a being the softest, and 90a being the hardest). Soft wheels generally have more grip than hard wheels, thus offers a smoother ride. However, hard wheels are easy for sliding.
🥇 Best Sellers in Longboards Skateboard on Amazon – Shopping Now!!!
An immense drift of popularity towards Longboards has given rise to a lot of best longboard brands in this segment. However, to enjoy this truly magnificent sport you need to buy a perfect piece that matches your requirements.
Related Articles to Read:
Last update on 2020-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API