- 1 Best Long Range Rifle Scope under 1000 Dollars of 2020
- 2 Comparison Table of Best Long Range Riflescope
- 3 Rating Table of Best Long Range Rifle scope
Long range shooting has been doing the rounds, lately. However, long range shooting requires the right equipment and high magnification. Long range scopes provide extra range, added clarity and an increased magnification for a precise aiming. When it comes to buying long range rifle scopes, you can’t go cheap and expect amazing results. Every penny you spend will prove its worth in the field.
A lot of brands have entered the market and fortunately, some brands provide excellent value for money. If you’re not familiar with rifle scopes, buying one may seem complicated. With so many different options available in the market, the confusion tends to arise.
Before moving ahead, let’s have a basic understanding of the parts of scope:
- Tubes– The Main tube can be either a one or two-piece construction.These days tubes are made from aircraft-grade aluminium, which is durable, strong and lightweight as compared to the steel and titanium
- Magnification– As far as magnification is concerned, the biggest confusion that arises is whether to buy a fixed scope or variable scope. Fixed scopes are more reasonable as compared to the variable ones. They are even simpler to use as compared to the variable ones. So, if you are sure about the distance you will be aiming at, go for a fixed one. However, if you want some versatility in the distance shots to go for a variable one. For competition shooters or those looking to get into the sport, the variable one will be more suitable.
- Reticle– It simply depends upon the type of shooting you intend to do. Various popular types of reticles include duplex, mildot or etched. However, for extreme long-range shooters, many complex reticles are available that provides accurate adjustments for elevation and windage without adjusting the scope itself. The main thing concerning reticles is which focal plane they are in. There are two focal planes with scopes, first focal plane (FFP) and second focal plane (SFP). When the reticle is in the FFP, as soon as you adjust the magnification, the scale of the reticle adjusts itself. When the reticle is in the SFP and you adjust the magnification, the reticle remains the same. For shooting at higher magnifications, go for FFP.
- Lenses– When it comes to long-range scopes, lenses that give the crisp and clear image at both low and high magnifications is the must.
- Objective lens diameter– The size of the objective diameter determines the efficiency of light transmission. The larger the diameter, the more light passes through the scope and vice-versa. The lens with the smaller diameter is unsuitable for dusk or dawn.
- Lens coatings– There may be coated on one or both sides of the lenses or there may be multiple layers of coating. A professional coating increases functionality. Coating helps to reduce the amount of reflection on the objective lens, which in turn increases light transmission.
- Turrets– The turrets adjust the elevation and windage of your scope. A scope should have two turrets, or knobs, one at the top and other at the side of the scope. However, in higher-powered scopes, you can also find a third turret that is known as the parallax knob.
- Eye-relief– Eye relief is the distance between your eye and the ocular lens of the scope adequate eye relief of several inches provides a comfortable shooting position.
Take a look at some of the best long range rifle scope available in the market:
Best Long Range Rifle Scope under 1000 Dollars of 2020
Bushnell Elite Tactical Illuminated G2DMR FFP Reticle Riflescope
- Ultra Wide Band Coating and fully multi-coated optics for light transmission and image clarity; Rain Guard HD anti-fog technology keeps lens clear in any condition
Bushnell, an American company has been the industry leader in high-performance sports optics for more than 65 years. Their products are reliable and are known for their highest quality and outstanding customer service.
The reason behind the excellency of the Bushnell Elite is that it is built with the consultation of military and law enforcement agencies. This riflescope works great in all situations due to its amazing features.
With 3.5x to 21x magnification and 50- millimeter objective lens, this tactical riflescope is an excellent choice. The design is sleek and the scope has solid construction.The riflescope has an overall length of 13.2 inches and is equipped with G2 Designated Marksman reticle that is inclusive of First Focal Plane (FFP).
This reticle is designed in a way to stabilize the shot for ranging, holdover and windage correction. It also and a three-inch sunshade.
With amazing Rainguard HD lens, this scope provides the clear and precise view of the object even in the harshest weather conditions.
As far as the vision in low lighting conditions is concerned, it has Ultra Wide Band Coating for clear and bright optics. They even have an anti-fog technology, which keeps the lens clear in any condition.
The adjustable turrets are highly versatile and can be easily reset to zero that provides stability of the shot.
Bushnell Riflescope has a side focus adjustable parallax that provides accuracy when shooting at long range. The riflescope’s 34mm diameter provides more room for making vertical and horizontal adjustments.
The large knobs are easy to operate and handy enough to make quick adjustments. The additional up to 24x magnification does not blur the images even at higher magnifications. The product comes with limited lifetime warranty.
Given the features, it is no less than top-tier riflescope. As far as price is concerned, this is one of the best rifle scope for the money when compared to other similar scopes in its category. With this piece of equipment, shooting will altogether be a different experience.
- Long range sighting device for shooting competitions
Since 1993, Sightron has been known for making quality optics. Their optics are manufactured in Japan and are known for their highest quality. They have produced some of the best long range hunting scopes.
Sightron SIII Riflescope is one of the best long-range sighting devices for shooting competitions.This riflescope features a 30mm one-piece main-tube made from high-quality aircraft aluminium.
The tube is comparatively thick as compared to other models. The clarity and brightness of Sightron SIII Riflescope are excellent. This scope has almost a full 4 inches of eye relief all the way from 6x to 24x. The scope is equipped with a mildot reticle.The large enough target turrets provide clear and crisp clicks. They are covered with removable dust caps that protect your turrets from dust and dirt and once the scope is sighted in, they can be loosened and set to zero.
The turrets turn in 1/4 MOA adjustments and the shooter can turn 15 MOA per revolution. The scope has 100 MOA of internal adjustment for windage and elevation that smoothens the process of long-range shooting.
This long-range scope is waterproof, nitrogen filled and provide a lifetime of internal fog protection for inclement weather. It features Sightron’s unique ExacTrack windage and elevation adjustment system.
It has target knobs that are re-settable to zero that is protected by large heavy windage and elevation caps. It comes with ZACT-7 seven layer multi-coating with precision ground glass that provides superior light transmission. It also comes with a side parallax focus.
This high-quality riflescope that will last for years. The product is covered by Sightron’s Lifetime Guarantee that is one of the best warranties in the entire industry. Overall, it is one of the best rifle scope for the money.
- The Viper HS-T 6-24x50 is one of multiple configurations in the Viper HS-T (Hunting & Shooting Tactical) line. VMR-1 Reticle (MRAD) is perfect for accurate holds at extended ranges.
The company that started out as a privately owned outdoor retail store is today a globally reputed brand. Vortex produces a number of optics products including rangefinders, binoculars, red dot sights, spotting scopes and riflescopes.
Regardless of any lighting conditions, Vortex Optics VHS-4310 Viper delivers brilliant image quality. This versatile long range scope is constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminium that provides adequate strength.
The 30mm main-tube is made from a single piece of aluminium that maximises alignment for improved accuracy and provides for optimum visual performance. It has modified duplex VMR-1 MRAD reticle situated on the second focal plane.It features Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass that produces crisp and clear images with accurate color representation.
The Vortex Optics’s proprietary XR optical coatings increase light transmission compiled with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. The hard Anodized Finish is highly durable and comprehends well with the shooter’s position.
The exterior optical surfaces are coated with ArmorTek coatings that provide protection from scratches and abrasions.
With argon filled that prevents internal fogging and O-ring sealed, this rifle is waterproof, fog proof and shockproof. The tactical-style turrets provide accurate elevation and windage adjustments.
The customizable Rotational Stop (CRS) helps in return to zero after dialing temporary elevation correction. The parallax adjustment, located on the left side of the riflescope is easily accessible and provides optimal image focus.
The MAG-View Fiber Optic gives the shooter a highly visible reference point for the magnification setting. It provides 4 inches of eye-relief and comes with unlimited lifetime warranty.
Given all the features, this scope is one of the best long range hunting scopes and is worth every penny.
Nightforce scopes are optically in the top rank and are definitely the best. They have scopes designed for every purpose.They are famous for their full-on tactical or competition scopes.Most Nightforce scopes are built in the U.S. but, keeping affordability in mind, the SHV line is made in Japan.
Nightforce Optics SHV is one of the most popular, highest quality riflescope. SHV stands for Shooter, Hunter, Varminter. Thus, this scope can be used for varmint hunting, big game shooting and long range target shooting.
With the length of 15.2 inches, it is a 4X-14X-56 variable with a 30mm tube. It comes with the magnification range of 5X power for short range shooting and 20X power for long distance sniping. Made from aircraft grade aluminium, this scope features rugged construction.This rifle scope comes with the MOAR ballistic reticle in the second focal plane. However, various other reticles are also available with illumination. It is up to you to choose between an illuminated and non-illuminated reticle.
The 56mm objective lens provides adequate lighting and precise aiming even during the night. It comes with side focus to adjust for parallax- right from 25 yards to infinity.
This scope is fully waterproof, fog-proof, and shock-proof. The scope has 12 brightness settings for the shooter to choose from. This long-range scope provides excellent light transmission along with actual .25 MOA adjustments. It comes with the ZeroSet feature.
The best part about this riflescope is that it provides significantly large adjustments in both windage and elevation, which makes it easier to take long-range shots. It features the European-styled, fast focus eyepiece.
Overall, this scope is worth reckoning. Usually, the Nightforce scopes are highly expensive but with SHV Riflescope, Nightforce has kept the costs down by utilizing simpler controls and employing a simpler manufacturing process.
Simply, it is one of the best long range hunting rifles scope for those who want high quality at an affordable price.
Comparison Table of Best Long Range Riflescope
Below mentioned is the comparison table that will filter out some important features of the above-listed products and help you make a better choice:
|Bushnell G2DMR||13.2 inches||3.5 inches||G2 Designated Marksman reticle||Ultra Wide Band Coating|
|Sightron SIII Riflescope||14.96 inches||4 inches||Mildot reticle||ZACT-7 seven layer multi-coating|
|Vortex Optics VHS-4310 Viper||15.50 inches||4 inches||Duplex VMR-1 MRAD reticle||XR optical coatings and ArmorTek coatings|
|Nightforce Optics 4-14×56 SHV Riflescope||15.2 inches||3.54 inches||MOAR ballistic reticle||Multi-coated|
It is important to choose the right scope for the rifle. Whether you are a novice or a pro hunter choosing the right one suitable for you is not an easy task.
Rating Table of Best Long Range Rifle scope
Long Range Rifle Scope of 2020
Carefully evaluate whether you need a scope for shooting at the long range or for shooting over a range of distances.
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API