- 1 Features and specifications of the right camping chair
- 2 🥇(Top 5) Bestselling Lightweight Camping Chairs on Amazon
- 3 🥇(Top 5) Best Lightweight Camping Chairs reviews
- 3.1 1. GCI Outdoor Quik-E-Seat
- 3.2 2. Coleman Woodsman II Backpacking Stool
- 3.3 3. TravelChair Slacker Chair Folding Tripod Camp Stool
- 3.4 4. Crazy Creek Products HEX 2.0 Original Chair
- 3.5 5. Helinox Chair One
- 4 Conclusion
Seeing for how to get the best lightweight camping chair in 2020? Check our reviews below.
Unless you prefer to be on the ground, having a chair to sit on is essential in any outdoor trips. Most people tend to think about a simple frame with several layers of fabric when it comes to the camping chair. But picking a suitable and practical product for your own personal use? Now that can be quite troublesome, especially if you are new to camping. With a variety of models on the market, you may have a hard time deciding on what you want. In that case, this article got just the thing for you. You will learn how to select the best lightweight camping chair right below.
After a full day of activities, there is nothing better than to kick back and relax the body on your camping chair. But to make it that far, you need to obtain a something that can match your needs and requirements first. While weight may be your primary concern if you are backpacking or camping on foot, structure strength is also important. You don’t want to carry a camping chair all the way from home just to see it break apart in use, right? That is why you to need to consider several factors before deciding on a purchase to ensure that you have a usable product.
Features and specifications of the right camping chair
As mentioned above, this may end up to be the decisive factor if you are shopping for a lightweight camping chair. For backpacking trips, stool and folding chair are the popular choices. They can keep you off the ground which is a major advantage if the surface is frozen or wet. If you just need a basic and simple camping chair, you, you can go for either one of them. The normal stool can support a weight of more than 500 Pounds while the average folding chair should handle roughly 250 Pounds. They typically weight around 2 Pounds so they are rather light.
A wide range of material is used by the chair frame and fabric. Traditional camping chairs utilize wood but modern versions usually employ aluminum which increases the structural integrity. Additional coating may be applied to the chair frame to combat corrosion and rust caused by outdoor elements. For the fabric, camping chairs usually utilize Rip – Stop Nylon or Cell Foam Padding in its construction. The former is a good all-around material while the latter is preferred for water – involved trips since it is waterproof.
Mobility and portability
If you have to transport the camping chair through a long distance, it’s must be both light and easy to pack. A light camping chair with bulky dimensions is really no good. One more thing is that you can deploy and put away the chair without too much time and effort. Once again, folding chair and stool are the ideal candidates. Of course, you could also take a look at regular or even high ends camping chair at you want. Most of them come with their own container case with strap for carrying. They are good for flat, easy to accesses location but unsuitable on rough terrain.
It’s not hurt to aim for products with additional features to increase your comfort. Things like the cup holder and armrest may look plain yet can truly make a difference in the user relaxation after a long day. This aspect of the camping chair varies a lot from the basic products to more luxurious alternatives. However, the weight of the chair will increase accordingly so make sure that you have the right balance of everything.
🥇(Top 5) Bestselling Lightweight Camping Chairs on Amazon
#1 Amazon Best-selling
#2 Amazon Best-selling
#3 Amazon Best-selling
- Portable outdoor rocking chair quickly and easily folds flat for storage and transportation. It also has a Mesh backrest
#4 Amazon Best-selling
- -This portable Dual Lock chair gives you a premium seating experience with no-sag seating, durable diamond ripstop polyester, and breathable mesh on seat back
#5 Amazon Best-selling
- Enjoy all day tanning with the 5 Position reclining beach chair with lay flat option
🥇(Top 5) Best Lightweight Camping Chairs reviews
- Portable outdoor folding stool with backrest for camping, boating, hunting, fishing, tailgating, sporting events, and travel
- Deploy dimension: 26.8 x 5.5 x 4.7 Inches
- Weight support: 250 Pounds
- Weight: 3 Pounds
While it’s a bit heavier than other camping chairs, GCI Outdoor Quik-E-Seat is still an excellent product nerveless. With a high endurance tripod design and a built-in cup holder, the chair will be a nice relief after a long trek. The tripod made use of powder-coated steel that increase the chair weight but also gives it a stable stance at all times. The deployment process is relatively simple. All you have to do is flick and fold then the chair will be ready to use.
- Have a cup holder
- Study tripod stance
- Not the best choice for a long break
- Awkward shoulder carry strap
- Insufficient back support
- Lightweight outdoor chair for camping, sporting events, and more
- Deploy dimension: 15.5 x 17.5 x 27.5 Inches
- Weight support: 225 Pounds
- Weight: 2 Pounds
If you are shopping on the budget, the Coleman Woodsman II Backpacking Stool won’t disappoint you. The weight support is not as good as other camping chairs but it’s adequate in most cases. The tough aluminum legs and polyester fabrics hold up pretty well in the average situations. With a powder coating on the frame, rust and corrosion will be the least of your worries. As a result, the chair is quite stable and could last for quite sometimes. You may feel that the chair is a bit bulky even when fully folded though.
- Robust and effective
- Stable and sturdy
- Quick setup
- Limited weight support
- Inconvenient in extended trips
- Narrow sitting area
- DURABLE FABRIC: The Slacker is engineered with durable Nailhead fabric and 600d Ripstop polyester for dependability on and off the trail.
- Deploy dimension: 12 x 14 x 20 Inches
- Weight support: 275 Pounds
- Weight: 2.2 Pounds
Created with the highest level of portability in mind, the Slacker Chair Folding Tripod Camp Stool from TravelChair possesses a very slim profile. By eliminating the bask support, this product obtains an extremely limited dimension and lightweight. It’s very easy to use, just undo the strap and the aluminum legs shall spread out. While it may look a bit frail, the stool can support a respectable weight of 275 Pounds. And when you want to move again, warp the strap back and the stool will look just like a rolled newspaper.
- Compact and tough
- Simple and robust operation
- High-quality nylon
- Smooth operation
- Sacrifice the back support
- Only good for short rests
- OUR MOST VERSATILE CHAIR: The HEX 2.0 is our lightest and most packable chair yet, ideal whenever space and weight are a factor. Great for backpacking, and can also be used as pad or mat. Perfect for the beach, concerts, camping, boating, and more
- Deploy dimension: 16.5 x 15.5 x 16.5 Inches
- Weight support: 250 Pounds
- Weight: 1 Pounds
Made from EVA closed cell foam, the HEX 2.0 is among the lightest camping chairs you can get. The density of the material is high so if you can barely feel anything even if the ground is rough or cold. When not in use, you can roll it over and secure the chair with the strap.
- Super light and slim
- Soft and comfortable
- Cover you underside well
- Well insulated
- Impractical if the ground isn’t dry
- Only keep you warm for a short time
- ONLY CAMP CHAIR YOU NEED: Made from lightweight aluminum, the Chair One weighs less than 2 pounds. The lightweight design can support up to 320 lbs.
- Deploy dimension: 20 x 20 x 25 Inches
- Weight support: 320 Pounds
- Weight: 1.9 Pounds
With a simple design and durable material, Helinox Chair One is the camping chair that can be used in many conditions. When deployed, the chair will offer a high level of outdoor comfort yet it’s barely larger than a newspaper in the packed position. Thanks to its compact dimension and weight, you can casually slide the chair into your backpack and hit the road whenever you want. The aluminum frame and polyester fabric are strong enough to support an impressive weight of 320 Pounds so almost anyone can use it conveniently.
- Quite versatile, can be used on many types of terrains
- High-quality material
- Reinforced fabric corners and well stitched
- Smooth operation
- A bit short
- Very basic so there are no luxury features
- Small sitting area
- May wiggle a bit
And that is some of the best lightweight camping chairs around, see anything you like yet? Camping is a great way to refresh your mind and body. But in order for the trip to be enjoyable and comfortable, you need to properly prepare yourself. After a tenuous day, relaxing on a camping chair and enjoy the nature view is the best thing you can ever experience.
Last update on 2020-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API