- 1 Best Fixed Blade Survival Knives Available in the Market – Reviews
- 1.1 1. Gerber Ghoststrike Fixed Blade Knife Deluxe Kit with Ankle Wrap
- 1.2 2. SOG SEAL Pup Elite Fixed Blade MOLLE Compatible Nylon Sheath
- 1.3 3. Ka-Bar Becker Companion Fixed Blade Knife with HD Polyester
- 1.4 4. Schrade Small Extreme Survival One-Piece Drop Forged Spear Point Fixed Blade
- 1.5 5. Fallkniven A1 Survival Knife Kraton Handle Zytel Sheath
- 2 Comparison Tables Best Fixed Blade Knife
- 3 Rating Table of Best Fixed Blade Knives of 2020
Are you looking for the Best Fixed Blade Knife of 2020? If yes, you have come to the right place which you can discover the full reviews, tips, and guides.
Ever faced a wilderness survival situation? If yes, then you’ll understand the importance of the survival knife. Be it camping or any emergency situation, a survival knife is the most valuable tool that comes to the rescue.
It’s not easy to make a decision as the market is flooded with survival knives. Thus, choosing the one that matches your needs gets tough. Take a look at :
Features You Should Consider While Making a Purchase
- Full-tang blade– the blade runs from the point and through the handle. This allows you to use the knife for hammering and pummeling. Full tang knives are simply superior quality. They are much stronger and more reliable than a partial tang.
- Blade Material– Survival knives are usually made of either carbon steel or stainless steel. Carbon steel is generally stronger and easier to sharpen in the wild.
- Fixed or Folding– This is one of the most common questions asked by a lot of first-time users. While a folding knife is easier to carry on a day-to-day basis, but in the long-term nothing matches the durability and quality of a fixed-blade knife. A fixed-blade knife is a more reliable tool. However, a fixed blade knife requires a sheath, if you want to carry it along.
- Edge– You can choose between a straight edge versus a serrated edge survival knife. Now, this totally depends on your preference. A straight edge is overall more versatile than a serrated edge blade.
- Point– Always go for a sharp, pointed tip and avoid very curvy tips. A sharp and pointed tip is more stable as compared to the other one.
- Sheath– A good sheath protects the knife. With a sheath, place your knife on your belt, pack, leg, vest, or wherever you find it convenient.
Let’s take a look at
Best Fixed Blade Survival Knives Available in the Market – Reviews
- Compact, skeletal 420HC steel frame.
Talking about good quality, economical knife and Gerber does not come to mind, is not possible. Without a question, this brand enjoys an outstanding reputation among consumers.
Based in Portland, Oregon the Gerber Legendary Blades have been designing some of the best quality knives since the 1930’s. Gerber Ghoststrike Fixed Blade Knife is also built-in Gerber’s Portland, Oregon production center.
With an overall length of just under 7 inches, the blade of this knife is made of 420 High Carbon steel and is coated with black ceramic, which is both corrosion-resistant and scratch-resistant. The knife is full-tang and has a skeletal frame.
This lightweight knife provides a great grip. However, the grip will feel a bit hard as the knife has a steel frame and not a rubber frame. Given the fact that the knife is full-tang, you will be amazed to see how light this knife is.
The handles are coated with a black rubberized oversold, which encompasses a diamond texture. Along the finger grooves, there is jimping that provides improved grip. A slight depression on the blade’s spine provides a better thumb placement.
It features a modular plastic sheath, made of Kydex that can be set up for vertical, inverted, or horizontal carry on either side of the body. Gerber offers a Full Lifetime warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
- 4.85 INCH BLACK TINI AUS-8 SHARP KNIFE BLADE: The SEAL Pup Elite outdoor knife is a perfectly balanced camping knife, hiking knife & belt knife w/ sheath; measures 9 inches overall length
SOG is a brand that defines quality. Their knives are engineered with precision and are built to perform. It would be wrong to term SOG SEAL Pup Elite Fixed Blade E37SN-CP as a survival knife. It is more of a general utility knife or can be termed in the category of fixed blade tactical knives.
This knife is about 9.5 inches long and extremely sharp. This lightweight knife features a full tang AUS-8 stainless steel blade that is in clip point shape.
The steel blade has undergone SOG’s proprietary Cryogenic Heat Treatment process, which has increased the blade’s durability and edge retention. The knife is coated with titanium nitride that strengthens the blade.
The blade has plenty of jumping on the spine that makes it non-slippery. The knife has an added blade spine rasp for notching, filing, and thumb placement.
The handle features textured scales and is made with a glass-reinforced Zytel. The handle has been given 4 finger grooves and has a ramp for your thumb, which makes it extremely comfortable to hold.
The knife comes with a nylon sheath. You can also replace it with a Kydex sheath, just for a few more bucks. The sheath is MOLLE compatible and has a plastic insert that provides rigidity. Two holes are located at the bottom of the sheath for tie-down points. The front one has a decent size pocket that can hold your multi-tools.
The knife has multiple MOLLE attachment loops and tie-down grommets at each corner, which means you can attach it to anything you feel like. A snap strap along with a Velcro flap is there around the bottom of the handle, which keeps the knife in place.
Comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Given the features and the price range, this knife is the best fixed blade knife available.
- Used by all branches of miliary and service members
KA-BAR is a company that every knife user will recognize. Made in the USA, the company manufactures some of the best quality knives available in the market. The immense durability of their products is one of the key reasons behind their popularity.
It is one of the best pocket knife brands available in the market.
This lightweight knife features a 1095 cro-van steel blade, which is durable and offers strength. This high-quality blade is just over 5 inches in length. If cared for properly this blade can last for your entire life.
To protect the blade, it is covered with a powder coating. The handle is made of Grivory which is a heavy-duty polymer and then the butt of the blade is quite effective.
This full-tang knife has an excellent grip. There is a slight inner curve that makes handling this knife easier. The balance between the blade and tongue is well maintained, making the knife secure and easy to use.
The pommel of this knife is extended, lending more versatility to the knife.
The heavy-duty polyester sheath of this knife is excellent and an improvement over the original BK2 sheath. It is made with better and secure clips. The sheath has a Velcro belt strap and a small pocket situated on the front as well as two grip retention straps. All this ensures that knife is securely placed on the belt.
4. Schrade Small Extreme Survival One-Piece Drop Forged Spear Point Fixed Blade
- Matte Finished SAE-1070 High Carbon Steel Drop Point
Schrade has completely redefined the concept of delivering a high-quality product at an affordable price. They are one of the oldest brands that have been producing some of the most common pocket folding knives in America.
SCHF1SM is a medium-sized knife with a length of 12.7″ and it weighs almost 18 ounces. This small fixed blade knife is extremely lightweight.
This durable knife is made of one solid piece of SAE 1070 High Carbon Steel and features a very functional drop point edge. The knife has a light grey matte finish that is appealing to the eyes.
It is a hollow handled knife. Usually, hollow handles break down when are prone to tougher use, but SCHF1SM is different. As it is one-piece construction, it works well and won’t break even in the toughest of situations.
There is a screwdriver set inside the handle, which is easily removable. A steel cap is also threaded to the end of the hollow handle. The handle of this knife is smaller. It can be an issue if the user has big hands.
The knife has a nylon sheath with a plastic insert and an external pocket.
- Blade material: lam. Vg10
Fallkniven, a brand out of Sweden was founded in 1984 and has been designing some of the best blades since 1987. Their blades are truly impressive and are bound to become your favorite the moment you start handling them. All their products are a perfect blend of design, ergonomics, and economy.
A1 is a medium-size survival knife. The 6.3 inches blade is in drop point design. The powerful blade of A1 is made of extremely hard yet tough laminated VG10 steel and will withstand the stress of hard use.
The handle on this full-tang knife is constructed of Kraton, which is a semi-rubbery kind of material. Now the best part is that although it a full-tang knife, it still features a metal at the end of the handle.
The benefit of the metal is that even if the handle broke off, you would still be able to use it. You can also use that the metal protrudes a little bit, which makes it capable of doing hammering if necessary.
The textured handle is thick and extremely comfortable as it provides the user with an adequate amount of support required. A1 features a lightweight Zytel (polymer) sheath.
Fallkniven A1 is a water-repelling concept which works just as well in extreme cold as in stifling heat. Storage is also not a problem as it uses a snap button to ensure the knife stays in place. A clip on the back allows you to wear it right on your belt.
This extremely versatile product is nearly unbreakable that is bound to meet or exceed your expectations. Totally worth every single penny you will spend on this.
🥇Best Sellers in Fixed Blade Hunting Knives on Amazon
#1 Amazon Best Seller
- The StrongArm features a black handle and a serrated edge, full tang 420HC steel blade
#2 Amazon Best Seller
- LADYBUG 3 - Spyderco Ladybugs come in a diverse collection of handle and blade materials. Our Ladybugs have a common denominator: they're small, innocuous, cut like the devil, carry well on a keychain and become a tool for everyday life.
#3 Amazon Best Seller
- Cutting Edge Length: 4 1/10" (10.41 cm)
#4 Amazon Best Seller
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE- 7-3/8" Clip Point 420HC Steel Blade has excellent strength, edge retention and corrosion resistance. The clip blade makes de-boning a lot simpler. This is an exceptional choice for a hunting knife, or simply as a collectible
#5 Amazon Best Seller
- BUILT FOR THE HUNT: Simplicity and style meets unmatched function, no matter the application; An ideal hunting knife capable of countless tasks in the field.
Comparison Tables Best Fixed Blade Knife
Choose a knife that matches your requirement. It’s important to choose a knife that is the right size for you and your situation.
Here is a comparison table of some of the best-fixed blade knives, which will help you to make a better choice:
|Gerber Ghoststrike||420 High Carbon steel||Plastic sheath||Diamond texture rubber handle||under 7 inches|
|SOG SEAL Pup Elite Fixed Blade E37SN-CP||AUS-8 stainless steel blade||Nylon sheath||Glass-reinforced Zytel||9.5 inches|
|Cold Steel Recon Scout||VG-1 San Mai III steel||Secure-Ex sheath||Kraton Handle||12 1/2 inches|
|Benchmade Osborne Fixed Contego||CPM-S30V premium stainless steel.||Molded Kydex sheath||G10 handle scales||11 3/8 inches|
|Buck Knives 0822BKX Sentry||420HC steel blade||Nylon sheath||Heavy-duty plastic textured handle||9.5 inches|
|Zero Tolerance 0180||Vanadis 4 extra||Nylon sheath||G-10 handle scales||9.2 Inches|
|Cold Steel 39LSF||German D2 Tool Steel||Secure-Ex sheath||Checkered Kray||11.75 inches|
|Ka-Bar BK-22||1095 cro-van steel blade||Heavy-duty polyester sheath||Grivory||10 1/2 inches|
|Schrade SCHF1SM||SAE 1070 High Carbon Steel||Nylon sheath||Hollow handled||12.7 inches|
|Fallkniven A1||VG10 steel||Zytel (polymer) sheath||Kraton handle||11 1/8 inches|
Rating Table of Best Fixed Blade Knives of 2020
Best fixed blade survival knives
There is no single knife that will be perfect for all situations, so choose a knife that fits well as per your needs and requirement.
Last update on 2020-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API