- 1 🥇(Top 10) Best Camping Tents You Can Stand Up In
- 1.1 1. Alps Mountaineering Lynx 1- Person Tent
- 1.2 2. Coleman Camping Tent | 4-Person Sundome Dome Tent, Green
- 1.3 3. CORE 6-Person Dome Tent
- 1.4 4. Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent for Camping with Easy Setup for Outdoors
- 1.5 5. Coleman Montana Tent 8-Person for Camping
- 1.6 6. Coleman 8-Person Tent/Instant Family Tent
- 1.7 7. Coleman 8-Person Tent for Camping | Red Canyon Car Camping Tent
- 1.8 8. Coleman Evanston Screened 8-Person Tent
- 1.9 9. Core 9-Person Extended Dome Tent
- 1.10 10. Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent
- 1.11 11. Browning Camping Big Horn Family Tent
- 2 Conclusion
Which Camping Tent is best for your situation, we are here to help you to understand in a better way.
When it comes to camping trips, the best camping tents are a great solution for shelter on the road. However, if you want to have a good time resting and sleeping inside a tent, the tent itself must have sufficient room. The last thing you want is to be resisted by the tent dimension which will cause lots of discomforts. In the case that you truly wish for a tent which let you freely move around, this article is for you. Down below is more information about the benefits of tents you can stand up in along with excellent products for your consideration.
In order for a trip to be enjoyable, your tent choice is quite important. How to choose the best camping tents? While height may be the primary criteria if you desire a tall and spacious tent, it’s worth the effort to check other features. Buying on a whim is not a good idea, you could waste a lot of money for negligible gains. Exam and inspect all aspects of products available for purchase then compare them to each other. It’s hard to decide on what is the most suitable tent on the market without conducting thorough research beforehand. It is the best way to ensure your purchase is a wise decision and the investment is well-spent money.
The tents you can stand up in
Every camping enthusiast likes to have a compact load of items whenever they are about to hit the road. As a result, people tend to go after tents with limited dimensions, they are totally acceptable in most of the case nerveless. However, should you want a tent that permits you to stand up whenever you like, small size products are usually insufficient. The issue is even more important if you have a big body built and hate the idea of a cramped tent. Well, what you need right now is a tent with an appropriate height and lots of interior space.
In average, tents you can stand up in are usually designed to support multiple occupants at the same time. Such tents got formidable profiles with substantial weights, they are not exactly easy to handle. Due to the much taller height, they are more vulnerable to heavy winds compared to compact tents. Not to mention the costly price tag, tents at this size require certain knowledge to get the most out of them. Yet as long as you are willing to invest for comfort, you won’t be disappointed by the assortment of features these tents possess.
Heavy and bulky as they are, tents you can stand up in got lots of facilities from separated rooms to storage spaces. The level of comfort provided by these tents is superb for uses in the wilderness. They did require times and efforts to set up but you will definitely feel satisfied staying inside them
🥇(Top 10) Best Camping Tents You Can Stand Up In
- There's no assembly frustration with our Lynx tent Series; This free-standing, aluminum two-pole design is a breeze to setup
First of all, this tent is definitely the ideal choice for you if you are looking for 1-person tent, when it comes to sub $100 lightweight, high-performing, bona fide backpacking tents, the options are often scarce. Having said that, the Lynx from Alps Mountaineering is one of a few that fit in such categories.
The tent packs a punch while keeping the price as low as it can get, offering 3-season weatherproofing, spacious vicinity for one person, easy to set up, along with other small features such as color-coded poles, a large vestibule, a gear loft, and abundance of storage pockets.
In addition to the weatherproofing, the tent can handle quite well under high winds and moderate showers whilst staying ventilated even in humid conditions.
Even at double its price, few backpacking tents can even offer as much as the Lynx. As a matter of fact, in most cases, the Lynx can perform as well as any other big-name logo tents.
- Reasonably priced
- No real cons
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection
This is #1 AMAZON Best Seller, definitely an ideal choice for you. When it comes to the price, the Coleman Sundome Tent offers a lot more values compared to its other competitors.
It is available in 2, 4, and 6-person models and includes all the standard gears one would expect from a solid tent – aluminum poles, ventilation points, “bombproof” waterproofing. While the Coleman Sundome comes with those conventional items, it does offer a reliable and spacious experience, not to mention the competitive price tag.
With the 63-square-foot floor space, the Sundome houses more than enough space for three adults or a family of four.
It also adds a sufficiently sized porch area and features enough headroom so that you will remain comfortable for hours on end.
To top it all off, the tent comes in an expendable bag for ease of transportation, and its setup process is very straightforward which should not take more than 10 minutes.
- Effortless setup
- Fairly large awning and porch area
- No real cons
- Sleeps 6 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height: 72
Should you want to use electric appliances continuously, the CORE 6 Person Dome Tent is an excellent choice. With the electrical cord access port, you can conveniently connect tool and equipment within the tent to outside energy sources. When not in use, the port can be closed to prevent bugs and alike from infiltrating the tent. For air circulation, there is a ground vent that is effective at keeping the air moving constantly. Near the ceiling of the tent is helpful storage loft for you to store your items. There is a lantern hook as well so you don’t have to sit in the dark.
- Support electric appliances usages
- Sizable doors and windows
- Endure rain and high wind well
- Zipper operation should have some improvements.
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection. Strong frame is tested to withstand 35+ MPH winds
The Coleman Montana is the perfect tent for family camping trips. It is a big tent that is easy to set up and offers a whole lot of convenience at a reasonable price.
The tent features a spacious area both inside and out while keeping the setup as beginner-friendly as possible – all the color-coded gears naturally slip into the tent inner sleeves. The entire process should not take more than 10 minutes.
If that has not won you over, these small conveniences will surely seal the deal. Hinged door, 1000D nylon floor, numerous interior storage pockets and even a large awning keeping the entrance dry and sheltered.
While the Montana is not the best when it comes to wet weather, the tent is ideal for summer and shoulder-season family adventures.
- Durability and robustness
- High ceiling (74”)
- Easy to set up
- Reasonable asking price
- No real cons
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection
“Dependable” is the perfect word to describe Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent. Having said that, the tent is also very spacious and well-built. And just like the other entries from Coleman on the list, this one is just as reliable and perhaps displays the best design among them.
The Montana is a great choice for those long weekends at the State Park or some vacations at the shore. Offering a solid stance and clever design, the tent will stand the test of time under any weather conditions. For what it is worth, the less-than-$200 price tag is certainly a valuable investment that you will be using for at least a few years.
- Foolproof setup that can be handled just fine by 1 person
- Cross ventilation with opposing windows ensures fresh air circulation
- Things are kept dried even under heavy rain thanks to the polyester taffeta rainfly
- Hinged door allows ease of getting in and out of the tent, especially when you have children
- Appealing asking price
- Minimal “porch” cover protection
- Spacious 8-person tent has enough room for 2 queen size air beds
Different from other Coleman tents, the Instant Family has a more cubicle design and features a generous number of screens for maximum ventilation. Its door is made large enough for adults to walk through and once inside, you can put up a detachable divider to split the tent into 2 subsections, providing more personal spaces for couples or kids. At its highest point, the tent is close to 6 ½ feet tall and there is enough room inside to fit 2 queen mattresses.
- Features spacious standing room throughout the tent, not just at the center like the other ones
- Oversized screen windows provide panoramic view while keeping the bugs outside
- Walls are WeatherTec waterproof certified
- The tent can be put together by yourself
- A ground sheet is still needed despite the tent being waterproof
- Family camping tent can accommodate eight campers; measures 17 by 10 feet with a 72-inch center height
The last Coleman tents on our list is the Red Canyon. The tent offers plenty of room inside and can accommodate two small families or a group of friends. The setup is made easy thanks to the shock-corded frame, while the WeatherTec-certified water-resistant material ensures the interior remains nice and dry, even under heavy rain.
The Red Canyon offers an excellent value for a full-sized family tent. It is large with abundance of headroom and can be separated into 3 rooms as well. And much like other Coleman’s tents, the Red Canyon features a sleek and ergonomic design that will deflect the wind effectively, not to mention the WeatherTec technology that will keep everyone inside nice and dry under extreme conditions. This is the kind of product that proves there are still great deals that exist out there.
- No real cons
- Weatherproof; Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection
Impressive height and plenty of room to spare, Coleman Evanston Screened 8 Tent is a nice product for camping purpose. With its six feet height, most people are able to stand up quite easily inside the tent. The presence of screened porch allows you to view the surrounding area without being disturbed by bugs. Thanks to the welded floors and inverted seams, the Evanston Screened 8 Tent is resistant to water and rain. You might feel this is a really big tent but you can set it up in mere fifteen minutes, fairly quick for its size.
The room inside is capable to be fitted comfortably with two queen size airbeds should the need arise. Other features included storage pockets, zippered windows and mesh door. The tent polyester fabric should hold together rather well in usual weather conditions. For illumination, there is a simple mounting on the ceiling of the tent which accommodates a variety of lighting devices. In case of violent wind, the tent Insta-Clip pole attachments perform great.
- Lots of room
- Straightforward set up procedures
- High quality
- Reasonable price
- The zippers should have some improvements
- Sleeps 9 people; Fits three queen air mattresses; Center Height: 72 inches
Few tents can actually be considered to be “palatial”, let alone falling into the budget of most families. However, the CORE 9-Person Extended Dome Tent happens to fit in that category.
Featuring a total of 144 square feet of floor space, an equivalent of 3 queen mattresses, and a peak height of 72 inches, the tent really lives up to the concept of “home away from home”, pleasing those who crave the outdoor experiences but still want the comfort and livability of their house.
When it comes to performance, the CORE is no slouch. From multiple vents to removeable rainfly and large mesh panels, the tent keeps condensation as minimum while allowing panoramic views. It also comes with huge entry points, an interior gear loft and storage pockets, not to mention the E-port to safely run an extension cord inside the tent.
While there is a 600mm hydrostatic head rating, it does not mean that the tent is designed for wet-weather camping trips; it is not possible to sustain heavy precipitation. However, for summer vacations and adventures with friends and families, the tent is a solid choice.
- Variety of interior storage options
- Large mesh panels
- Hassle-free setup
- Detachable rainfly
- No real cons
- Cabin-like 10-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds
Once again, another Coleman tent makes it to the list and for good reason as well. The WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent promises to maintain a safe and dry environment even when the weather outside is turning for the worst. The tent is very spacious, and its center is peaked at 6’8’’, ensuring that anyone inside can be accommodated with enough room. It also features dormer style windows which provides more than enough ventilation.
Among the tents on this list, the WeatherMaster perhaps holds first place in total interior space. The lofty central area is a welcomed addition for those taller campers while the hinged door adds more to the highlights of the tent. Although the rainfly is effective, it would have been nicer if it extended a little bit further around the doorway area. But that is just nitpicking considering that the WeatherMaster is one of the better and larger tents on the market right now.
- Spacious interior expanding 18 feet across and 6’8’’ height.
- Color-coded poles help with the setup
- Can fit up to 3 mattresses
- Patented hinged door allows ease of access
- 1-year warranty on materials and workmanship
- Have to fold it back the right way if you want to put it back in the bag.
- Our Browning Big Horn Series is a free-standing tent with fiberglass poles and steel uprights, giving ultimate extra strength and stability
If you want to have a high capacity tent with generous space, you won’t go wrong with the Camping Big Horn Family Tent. Come from Browning Camping, you can hardly find a tent more suitable for family trips than this one right here. Sturdy – built, great ventilation and weatherproof material, you will have a good time using the tent in outdoor environments. Lots of storage pockets available too for you to organize your inventory. In case you want privacy, a divider is provided to split the tent interior space into sections.
- Well ventilated
- Quick set up and put down
- Nice customer service
- Might wiggle in windy conditions
And those are some of the best tents you can stand up in on the market, see anything you like? We all want to have a comfortable camping trip and having an appropriate tent is crucial to achieves that. With the help of the information above, now you should have a good idea of what is a quality tent along with its characteristics.
🥇Best Sellers in Camping Tents on AMAZON
Related Posts You May Like:
Last update on 2020-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API