- 1 Factors to keep in mind while choosing Camping Hammock
- 2 Best Camping Hammocks of 2020
- 3 Comparison Table Best Camping Hammocks of 2020
- 4 Rating Table of Best Camping Hammocks of 2020
Are you seeking for how to get the best camping hammocks in 2020? If yes, you have come to the right place. Read our analysis before making your final decision!
Who wants to sleep on the damp ground on a backpacking or camping trip? With the proper equipment, you can find comfort anywhere you feel like. A hammock is like a sling or bed made of different kinds of materials that are used for sleeping or relaxing.
Hammocks let you sleep above the ground, keeping you safe from bugs and debris on the floor. It is a known fact that you sleep better in a hammock than on the ground. These camping hammocks are extremely lightweight and portable.
The material is extremely easy to clean; a solution of warm water and liquid soap can take care of most problems.
Once you learn how to set up your hammock and its shelter, then its a cakewalk. However, purchasing the right one that matches your requirements is the most difficult task. The market is flooded with an array of options; confusing the buyer as to which one he/she should opt for.
Factors to keep in mind while choosing Camping Hammock
Sorting out your purpose before making a purchase is something very important. Take a look at the various factors that need to be analysed:
- Length– If you want a hammock to just sit and chill, then a shorter hammock is preferable. For more comfort and stretched out positions or for you to sleep in, a larger hammock will serve the purpose.
- Size: Usually the choice here is single vs. double. If you want to hang out with a friend or share it with someone, go for a double hammock. Singles are less spacious than the doubles. Usually, people prefer double as it is more comfortable compared to the single one.
- Weight– For those long backpacking trips, weight is the key consideration. Choose the one that is lighter in weight if you travel frequently and weight is an important factor for you.
- Material– Camping hammocks are usually made of nylon or polyester. While nylon is a lightweight, soft and comfortable fabric, polyester is more durable. As far as strap material is concerned, polyester is preferred as it doesn’t stretch.
- Hammock stands– It is not always necessary to suspend your hammock between two trees. You can always use a hammock stand to hang your hammock. Backyard or portable stands are available to serve the purpose. For camping purpose, you can go for portable stands as they are easy to set-up and sturdy enough to support most of the weights.
- Straps– It is very important to choose the right kind of straps, so as to avoid any risk of hurting yourself. The straps allow you to attach your bed between two trees or any two stable posts. So make sure you choose a strap that will support your weight.
- Strap hardware– This is something very optional. Most of the people prefer to use a series of knots and loops to keep the hammock suspended. However, to ensure quick set up and proper safety these days a few pieces of hardware like carabiners or ring buckles are also used. This hardware is advantageous but they add to the overall weight and cost.
- Suspension kits– These kits are easily available online. For beginners, it is the best option. This kit is equipped with every single piece you’ll need to hang your hammock. Plus it also guides you on how to hang it perfectly. However, for people who are pro, this is not at all required.
- Hammock under quilt– To deal with those winter harsh nights, you need some type of insulation to keep you warm. This is where a hammock under quilt comes to the rescue. It is like a thick blanket that will keep you insulated and warm. This quilt can be easily hung underneath the hammock on the outside.
- Other accessories– Rain tarp and bug net are some other kinds of accessories that are needed to protect against the elements. In case you planning to camp at a place where you’ll be dealing with bugs, then it is a good idea to buy a hammock that comes with its own net. You can even purchase the net separately. If you are traveling to a place with chances of heavy rainfall, then a good rain tarp will keep you and your hammock completely dry and protected.
With so many hammocks from different brands, available in many different types and prices in the market, how can you know which is the best model to fit your needs?
Best Camping Hammocks of 2020
To make it easier for you, we have listed 7 Best Camping Hammocks of 2020. Take a look:
Honest Outfitters Single & Double Camping Hammock
- Comfortable And Support 400 pounds: This single hammocks fits 1 people comfortably, Lay down and still have plenty of room. Because of new 210T nylon, the BACKPACKING hammocks provide relaxing support for 400 pounds
Honest Outfitters is an e-commerce company operating on Amazon in Outdoor & Sport. Their products are beautifully designed and are easy to use. Loaded with impressive features, their products boast of some amazing ratings on Amazon.
Honest Outfitters hammock is available in 2 different sizes, the Single Camping Hammock with dimensions of 55 inches width and 108 inches length and the Double Camping Hammock with dimensions of 78 inches width and 118 inches long.
They are made of a super strong 210T parachute nylon material. The fabric is soft and adequately breathable. This high-grade nylon material has triple interlocked stitches which maximises hammock strength to ensure safety.
Instead of rope, it uses hammock straps and carabiners that allows for easy setup. An integrated stuff sack makes packing up fast and simple.
The double hammock weighs only at 1.5 lbs., making it extremely lightweight. These hammocks can easily hold up to 400- 500lbs; the single hammock can support 400lbs, while double hammock can support 500lbs. There are so many great colors to choose from both in single or double size.
The company guarantees 100 satisfaction, so if for some reason you don’t love the product you can always ask for the refund. This camping hammock is ideal for everyone from kids to adults and comes with almost everything you need.
- READY FOR SOME ME TIME: The SingleNest is the perfect hammock when you don't feel like sharing.
ENO as a brand needs no introduction. They have revolutionized hammocking with the creation of the DoubleNest Hammock and the first ever hammock suspension system.
They are known to produce industry-leading parachute hammocks and hammock accessories for outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers all across the globe.
The popularity of ENO DoubleNest is simply unmatchable. This hammock is made with a ply of high-quality 70-denier nylon taffeta lightweight fabric, i.e. adequately breathable.
The triple interlocking stitching lends enough strength to hold up to any wear and tear. This parachute material is extremely soft and easy to wash. It can support a maximum body weight of up to 400 lbs.
This lightweight and compact hammock weigh only 1.2 lbs. The main reason behind its compactness is that this bag is sewn into the actual hammock itself, eliminating the need for any extra baggage to carry this.
The set up is quick and simple. There are no complicated slings with sliding loops, so you can set it up anywhere you feel like in just a couple of minutes. It comes with a Guardian Bug Net that keeps out mosquitos or any small insects.
Staying waterproof while you are camping or backpacking is equally important. ENO makes 10 different rain tarp setups depending on the type of hammock and how lightweight you want to go. Choose the one that fits you and it can be easily added to the ENO DoubleNest
This hammock is spacious enough and gives you plenty of room to move around, ensuring a comfortable sleep. However, it is great for two people to chill and relax sitting next to each other but as far as sleeping is concerned, it is not that comfortable for two adults laying next to each other.
Hammocks are best when it comes to summer camping and backpacking as it grabs more air-flow and keeps you cool. The problem arises in winters when cold air blows from underneath, making it hard to survive.
To counter this problem, ENO comes with some insulation products like ENO Vulcan Under Quilt which locks in warmth to keep you comfortable and cozy on those harsh winter nights. This layer can be secured on the outside of your hammock with the help of supplied anchor points.
This product comes with a limited two-year warranty. The other accessories include aluminium wiregate Carabiners and nautical grade line with stainless-steel snap links allowing you to secure the DoubleNest to trees, poles, boat masts, or even the wall.
This versatile hammock is quite durable and a perfect option for those who want to relax or just chill and that too at such a remarkably low price.
- LUXURIOUS & DURABLE - This big 10 ft long 6 ft wide original Bear Butt Hammock is made from specially formulated 210T 75D Nylon Taffeta the strongest and most comfortable fabric available - much more durable than any net or mesh. Also the panels have reinforced triple stitching to provide extra strength durability and safety. So with a legal weight capacity of 500 lbs (we’ve tested it for over 800lbs) it comfortably holds one or two people so you can hang worry free between any two trees
Bear Butt is a start-up company that promises quality. They are dedicated to bringing you high-quality adventure gear at an affordable price.
Bear Butt Double Hammock is made of 75D Nylon Taffeta parachute fabric which is of top notch quality. The solid triple sewing ensures the durability of the product. It folds into a small and compact size so that you can take it anywhere you want.
This double hammock features a length of 9 feet and a width of 6 feet. Thus, it is convenient to accommodate almost anyone, unless you are too tall for it.
It is spacious enough to accommodate two people comfortably, in any position be it vertically or horizontally. It can support a maximum body weight of up to 500 lbs, but the company claims that it can support up to 900 lbs which are quite impressive.
Setting up this hammock super-convenient with the incredibly strong, lockable straps. All you have to do is just loop the straps around your chosen trees. It includes all the accessories; carabiners, ropes and a small stuff sack that will make setting up this hammock easier.
This double parachute hammock from Bear Butt weighs This hammock weighs in at less than two pounds with all its included gear, carabiners and straps, which makes it easy to carry around on those long trips.
To beat the winters, it comes with an inflatable liner which will lock your body heat to ensure comfort during the night.
As far as the product warranty is concerned, it comes with a money back guarantee. If you encounter any kind of problem with this product, all you have to do is simply request a refund.
Undoubtedly, it is one of the best options available that must be on your buying list. Given the features, the material this product is adequately priced, therefore highly recommended.
- PERFECT STARTER HAMMOCK: Ultralight and comfortable, take it anywhere and anytime. Whether you just need to relax in your backyard or take a break during a hike, this hammock has got you covered.
Grand Trunk is a Chicago based company that specializes in gear for travel most notably travel/hiking hammocks, accessories and goods for the road. They are dedicated to bringing you high-quality adventure gear at an affordable price.
The Ultralight Starter hammock is made from 100 Premium King Rhombic RipStop Polyester that provides for increased durability. The triple-stitched seams boost the hammock’s strength.
The fabric is mildew-resistant and is easily washable. However, the fabric is not soft to the touch as parachute nylon, but it isn’t uncomfortable by any means. The fabric is quite breathable; perfect for summers.
There is a stuff sack sewn to one edge of the hammock for easy packing and hassle-free storage. It can support a maximum body weight of up to 200 lbs.
This hammock is 9’6″ long by 4’6″ wide, i.e. it is made to fit all sizes. This extremely lightweight hammock weighs just 12.5 ounces. Setting-up is easy and convenient as old S hooks have been exchanged for nautical grade carabiners.
These lightweight carabiners on each end of the hammock can be easily hooked into whatever strap or suspension system you choose. However, it does not include suspension system so that has to be bought additionally.
If you are planning to take it on trips where weather conditions are harsh, this may not be a great option. It does not offer any protection from bugs or small insects, making it bit uncomfortable.
Overall, this great lightweight hammock is a great option for people who don’t want to spend much on the hammock. It comes at a modest price and is best suited for those chilled out backpacking or camping trips.
Kammok Roo Camping Hammock
- SUPPORTS UP TO 500LBS: This 2 persons double hammock unfolds to 10’Lx5’7”W, about the size of a queen size bed, comfortably fitting two people and supporting up to 500lbs.
Kammok is known for designing the technical and functional hammock camping gear, for every adventure. Their products are differentiated by clean design and high-performance fabrics. Their high-performance hammocks are high in comfort and durability.
Kammok Roo is an incredibly comfortable hammock that is loaded with some super-amazing features. Weighing in at 23 oz with the included slings, this is one of the best ultralight hammocks available. It has a carrying capacity of 500 pounds, which is quite impressive.
Infact, it is very comfortable for people with broad shoulders. Easy to use, it can be set up almost anywhere.
The dual construction of this hammock is simply top-notch. Internally, it is made with proprietary “LunarWave” diamond ripstop nylon, the fabric is extremely soft and feels great on the skin.
The outer comprises of a water-resistant 70 denier, nylon ripstop shell. The fabric is incredibly lightweight, quick-drying and breathable, and resists tears and abrasion.
The best part about this fabric is that it reduces stretch, making every hang consistently comfortable.
This fabric is triple stitched to Dyneema Racer Slings and proprietary Kanga Claw carabiners. The racer Slings are constructed of ultra-low-stretch Dyneema, a super-strong synthetic fiber that is incredibly stronger than other materials.
It packs easily into its attached water-resistant compression sack and the Python straps can be easily packed into its extended roll-top. The Python straps are optional and provide a very sturdy suspension system. The side panels are comfortable enough to keep your head right in place.
Setting-up is quick and easier as this hammock does not come with a suspension system. As far as insulation is concerned, you will need to stuff it up with a sleeping mattress or pads.
As far as winters are concerned, Kammok gives you plenty of options to upgrade for colder weather. Be it a down underquilt, rain flys, or bug netting, they have a collection to make your experience a soothing one.
There is no point of buying a hammock that cannot keep you protected from those water splashes. This hammock is water- and fade-resistant that ensures maximum resistance, keeping the hammock dry and vibrant season after season.
Kammok offers a lifetime warranty on the Roo Hammock. The best part about purchasing from Kammok is that each Roo purchase supports the Kammok Give Adventure initiative to donate 1 of their revenue to support youth with mentorship, leadership training, and outdoor education.
Overall, this hammock is quite impressive that will last you for years to come. It’s numerous accessories can turn this reliable hammock into a completely comfortable shelter. Without any doubt, this one is totally worth the purchase.
MalloMe is known to offer the best outdoor lifestyle products. Their products promise quality and come with a 100 Satisfaction Guarantee.
MalloMe XL Double Parachute Camping Hammock is made out of premium 210T nylon ripstop fabric, which is extremely thick and known for its strength.
The fabric is triple-stitched that makes it strong and durable enough to handle any kind of abuse. It comes in 7 different colors for you to choose from. Packing this is extremely easy as the stuff sack is sewn right to the side of the hammock itself.
This is over 10 feet long and 7 feet wide, which makes it perfect for almost all body sizes. It easily fits two large adults comfortably. This premium hammock weighs just 20 ounces and packs down to about the size of a small volleyball in the included stuff sack.
This XL double hammock is luxuriously sized ( 125 x 79 inches) and has a strap design made of polyester with a breaking strength of 1000 lbs! Adding on, it comes with a total weight limit of 1000 pounds, i.e. it supports upto two adults of up-to 500lbs each, which is like incredible!
So, this is a perfect fit for those who have any kind of weight considerations. You can sit in it comfortably, without the fear of falling. Setting up is fast and convenient; as it includes two high-strength carabiners and rope that are extremely simple that even beginners will have no problems at all.
This hammock is quite roomy and is environmentally friendly, as it is easily recyclable. Undoubtedly, this is one of the coziest hammocks you’ll come across.
- UNLIKE OTHER HAMMOCKS ours are made of high quality heavy duty 210T parachute nylon. This extra soft yet super strong material gives you the most comfortable and relaxing experience ever.
Wise Owl Outfitters is known to provide high-quality products that are attractive, easy to use, comfortable, lightweight and that are super- affordable. With each passing day, they are improving in their designing and technology to offer the best.
Wise Owl Outfitters Hammocks are made of 210T parachute nylon material, a fabric that is stronger but just as tough and breathable. It has a triple-stitched interlocking mechanism to offer additional safety so there is no possibility of falling.
These hammocks are very spacious with the single only weighing 16oz while the double weighs 26oz. The double is 10ft long by 6.5 ft wide, offering plenty of room enough to fit most of the people.
It packs up small; equivalent to the size of an eggplant. It comes with small carry bag on the side for easy transportation. It can withstand up to 400 pounds, i.e. you can share it with someone without worrying.
Setting up is really convenient; it comes with carabiners and a set of ropes to make hanging them easy.
Wise Owl backs up this product with a 100 satisfaction guaranty warranty. The company makes every possible effort to make the hammock experience super-comfortable for you. If you don’t know how to tie knots, they will send you an email with easy instructions once you have made the purchase.
Overall, this affordable hammock comes with everything you need. It lives up to its promise of giving you the most comfortable and relaxing experience ever.
The table mentioned below will help you screen out better and make the right decision. Take a look:
Comparison Table Best Camping Hammocks of 2020
|Model||Dimensions||Weight||Max Weight Support||Material|
|Honest Outfitters- Double||118 inches length and 78’' wide||1.5 lbs||500lbs||Nylon|
|ENO Eagles Nest Outfitters||9' 4" long and 6' 2” wide||1.2 lbs||400lbs||Nylon taffeta|
|Bear Butt Double Hammock||9 feet long and width of 6 feet.||1 lb||500 lbs||Nylon Taffeta|
|Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock||9'6" long by 4'6" wide||12.5 ounces||200 lbs||RipStop Polyester|
|Kammok Roo Camping Hammock||10 ft. x 5 ft.||23 ounces||500 lbs||Ripstop nylon|
|MalloMe XL Double||10 feet long and 7 feet wide||20 ounces||1000 lbs||Ripstop nylon|
|Wise Owl Outfitters double||10ft long by 6.5 ft wide||26 ounces||400lbs||Nylon|
Rating Table of Best Camping Hammocks of 2020
Best Camping Hammocks of 2020
Choosing to sleep in a hammock is completely an amazing and different outdoor experience that is worth the try. There are many different types and styles of hammocks. The above list will help you filter out and choose the best as per your requirements.
Last update on 2020-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API